BACKFLIP TIPS update: link to my backflip attempts!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BACKFLIP TIPS update: link to my backflip attempts!
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 10:25 Quote
ive seen some of your twhips and Nfcs and tricks, so awsome. a Backflip is a sweeeeet adition to your book of tricks. great job!!!tup

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 10:40 Quote
george-stucke wrote:
well acually i'm past the backflip stage, did them well over a year ago and they wernt great then and they no better now. They are tricks that imprese little kids who dont know any thing. if you want to imprese real riders whips and dumped 3 is where it is at

Dude your so lame why cant you just be stoked for a fellow rider whos rippin backflips??....

By the way dude Awesome! I wish I had the balls to do that.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 10:49 Quote
george-stucke wrote:
well acually i'm past the backflip stage, did them well over a year ago and they wernt great then and they no better now. They are tricks that imprese little kids who dont know any thing. if you want to imprese real riders whips and dumped 3 is where it is at

I have never tried a backflip, but i do throw some tailwhips and nosedived three sixtys. I believe that flips are harder than any whips.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 15:58 Quote
i never said he wasnt good, i just said i dont like flips. also if you think whips are easier than whips i acually dont believe you can whip. been riding for about 2 and a half years for 1 of them i had a shogun.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 8:17 Quote
george-stucke wrote:
i never said he wasnt good, i just said i dont like flips. also if you think whips are easier than whips i acually dont believe you can whip. been riding for about 2 and a half years for 1 of them i had a shogun.

whips are easier that whips?? huhConfused and what the heck is a shogun??

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 8:28 Quote
flips are so much fun they happen so quick , the only real tip is commit to it

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
bendmr wrote:
What ever you do, don't let go of your bike as 9 times out of 10, it will fall on you. Commit fully, spot landing and keep focused on it.

or let go really early and try to throw your bike to one side so it doesn't hit you lol

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
hey man the best advice i can give u is pinch ur seat wit ur kneees... that'll keep the bike under u better

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 12:12 Quote
george-stucke wrote:
not slagging him of i just think bck flips are crap WAY to dave mirra

If there crap why do they win Comps I just dont think you Got the BALLs Only Posers talk like that This guy is good I bet your NOT sorry to say but i bet the truth HURTS Thumbs Down

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 3:12 Quote
flips are easier than whips*

shogun, possible the worst bike ever created!

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 3:19 Quote
camazar wrote:
george-stucke wrote:
not slagging him of i just think bck flips are crap WAY to dave mirra

If there crap why do they win Comps I just dont think you Got the BALLs Only Posers talk like that This guy is good I bet your NOT sorry to say but i bet the truth HURTS Thumbs Down

i dont need to prooff out to you mate, until recently i was sponsord by static bikes however i dropped them for various reasons. i'm not a posser, i can do flips i just think they are crap. fornt flips are mint like.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 8:36 Quote
hey man im just curious on if u actually can land them or not now. if u want some advice i cant backflip but i know people who can and ive been thinking about learning soon. I say fullface helmet lol. just add to this i am very curious. if u got them down then good job man there scary and if not then keep trying.once u get backflip then u opened a whole new page of tricks that alot of people are learning how to do. Peace out

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 11:31 Quote
crazythang1o1 wrote:
hey man im just curious on if u actually can land them or not now. if u want some advice i cant backflip but i know people who can and ive been thinking about learning soon. I say fullface helmet lol. just add to this i am very curious. if u got them down then good job man there scary and if not then keep trying.once u get backflip then u opened a whole new page of tricks that alot of people are learning how to do. Peace out

I havent tried another flip since the first time! Im gonna try this weekend if the weather is good! Its not possible to get enough speed to flip the jump if its raining and the ground is wet. I dont think I need any more protection then I used the first time!

If I can try them again this weekend, I will keep trying till I land one smooth!Smile
(if I dont hurt myself really bad)

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 14:08 Quote
I agree that they are not a hard trick, I have never done one but I have seen guys flip that sucked. The thing is they go to foam pits and learn where I have never had the opertunity to ride a foam pit. It is sad seeing guys do fly out flips on box jumps because they can't actually clear the box. Whips might be harder but they take way less balls to try. In the end I don't really care, if it looks good and you pull it smooth even a moto whip can look good.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
ricar wrote:
I agree that they are not a hard trick, I have never done one but I have seen guys flip that sucked. The thing is they go to foam pits and learn where I have never had the opertunity to ride a foam pit. It is sad seeing guys do fly out flips on box jumps because they can't actually clear the box. Whips might be harder but they take way less balls to try. In the end I don't really care, if it looks good and you pull it smooth even a moto whip can look good.

I have never ridden a foampit either! I think there are only two foampits in NorwayConfused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016604
Mobile Version of Website