How often do you fall and why?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How often do you fall and why?
Posted: Sep 15, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
hahaleon wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
hahaleon wrote:
i fell today, and i broke my arm.. all because some *ag cut me off on their carReally Mad i also have a broken brake and fork nowMadder
Well, that sucks hard... is the driver of the vehicle going to pay for the damages to your bike at least?
ya hes going to buy me some shitty ass fork that wont fit my bike cuz i need a 20mm and some shit v-brake witch i would never use cuz i do FR and the cops say i cant do anything about itMadder
That blows even harder yet... do not let him buy the shit parts... see if he'll give you the little bit of cash he was going to spend, and you can put that towards real parts... you can get some really killer deals on www.pricepoint.com... Good luck and keep riding your line Babe.- Cory

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 4:19 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
BonzoisGonzo wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
I fall everytime I ride something new... at least once, if not more. Sometimes a great fall is better than actually landing... it's more entertaining all- around.
totaly agree,,i laugh at myself when i bail,but i have a cpl loose screws
The best riders have a couple loose screws... that is why we rock hard. Others use drugs and alcohol to get high, we crazies use adrenaline to get our kicks.
adrenaline is the ultimate high,for me at least, nothing more exzillerating(spelt wrong) then flying through a rock stage and passing people ,or getting some big air,i love passing ppl in the air

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 4:34 Quote
I don't (knock on wood) wipe out much, it's usually when I'm doing something like drinking a can of Fanta on a busy street no-handed, I just kind of plop onto the sidewalkBig Grin

There was one time I hit a 10-flat-10-flat-10-flat-10 going waaaayyyy too fast, and landed in the scariest nosedive ever. Sometimes when you ALMOST fall is worst.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
i crash twice every day normally just little crashes, but at a jam i really wanted to win i crashed loads, apperantly i broke my toe and shouldnt ride for the rest of the day but i dont think i did, faceplant, bails and bike nearly came down from about 15ft in the air and just smacking into my head like 1/2ft away, so lucky on that one

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
hamina777 wrote:
I don't (knock on wood) wipe out much, it's usually when I'm doing something like drinking a can of Fanta on a busy street no-handed, I just kind of plop onto the sidewalkBig Grin

There was one time I hit a 10-flat-10-flat-10-flat-10 going waaaayyyy too fast, and landed in the scariest nosedive ever. Sometimes when you ALMOST fall is worst.
my funniest crash,,i was riding with a friend back from the store on the hottest day of the year we just picked up slushy's and a car was behind me,so me riding free hand reached for the wrong side of the handle bar turned myself into my buddy took him out and dumped my slushy on him,,lmao,,he was slightly peeved Big Grin

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
I don't crash that much (DH), but when I do it's almost always because I slip on rocks or roots. This usually only happens when it's wet and muddy. I have never fallen off a drop or jump however.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
I don't crash that much (DH), but when I do it's almost always because I slip on rocks or roots. This usually only happens when it's wet and muddy. I have never fallen off a drop or jump however.
so who are you sponsored by? never fall even the worlds fastest rider fell in the last worldcup and still placed third

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
BonzoisGonzo wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
so who are you sponsored by? never fall even the worlds fastest rider fell in the last worldcup and still placed third

You can ride and not fall. Then, you've either got loads of talent, or aren't going that fast.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:08 Quote
BonzoisGonzo wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

You're a cock.

Have you ever thought that "Hey, maybe these guys don't WANT to fall off so might back off a bit in places?" (not saying you're slow Spike).

I hardly ever fall off my MTB, it's the principle. I go on long rides, so I back off a bit in an effort to get home in one piece.

Self preservation I do believe.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
BonzoisGonzo wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

You're a cock.

Have you ever thought that "Hey, maybe these guys don't WANT to fall off so might back off a bit in places?" (not saying you're slow Spike).

I hardly ever fall off my MTB, it's the principle. I go on long rides, so I back off a bit in an effort to get home in one piece.

Self preservation I do believe.

I'm not slow or anything, which is why I DO slip on rocks and roots. Luck just has it that I have never fallen off a drop or jump before...

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
You just had to say it, now you're f*cked.

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
iv started falling off recently. probs cos im on a bmx and getting used to it bbut iv fallen off 5-6 time in the last month. only one of them hurt alot tho Smile

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
andyjacko123 wrote:
iv started falling off recently. probs cos im on a bmx and getting used to it bbut iv fallen off 5-6 time in the last month. only one of them hurt alot tho Smile

6 falls in a MONTH?!

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
andyjacko123 wrote:

6 falls in a MONTH?!

Less than last week for me Razz

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
Less than last week for me Razz

Hell, I fall at least once a day, and this isn't counting all those stumbles and hop-offs I do while streeting. Most of the falls aren't serious at all, hardly any even leave a bruise, but still... if you're not falling AT ALL, you're not trying anything new...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012170
Mobile Version of Website