The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
gabodude wrote:
overrated? Kyle strait... turndowns and tables can only take you so far in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with that. Ever since that win at Rampage he has done almost nothing special in freeriding.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
big mountain id say overrated is simmons cause he just doent have it anymore
and underated id have to say shley(spelling)cause i just dont hear about him
this makes no sense, Both Schley and Wade have the same amount of minimal coverage these days because all the kids care about is slopestyle. Simmons is directly responsible for the bike under your ass so I would have a little respect for one of the pioneers of your beloved sport, don't say he's over-rated because he's riding for himself these days.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
raceface77 wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
big mountain id say overrated is simmons cause he just doent have it anymore
and underated id have to say shley(spelling)cause i just dont hear about him
this makes no sense, Both Schley and Wade have the same amount of minimal coverage these days because all the kids care about is slopestyle. Simmons is directly responsible for the bike under your ass so I would have a little respect for one of the pioneers of your beloved sport, don't say he's over-rated because he's riding for himself these days.
ok thanks for clearing that up but thats just my opinion

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
i personally thing robbie bourdon is overated

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
mike-l wrote:
oh ya i agree

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
mike-l wrote:
He's also a Dick... I had a few beers with him a few seasons ago and he's rude to people, I don't care for him either

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
yea lets all hate on bourdon! seriously though all he does are average jumps and drops with basically no style the only sweet thing ive seen is his huge 3 attempt in NWD 8

O+
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
It's sad to see people rag on the people that made the sport what it is. There is no question there are people in this sport that are under-rated. However, anyone who gets any kind of coverage in mountain biking is grossly under-represented compared to every other f-ing sport.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
mike-l wrote:
yea lets all hate on bourdon! seriously though all he does are average jumps and drops with basically no style the only sweet thing ive seen is his huge 3 attempt in NWD 8

yea lets not... what about the leap of faith... nwd 7 road gap.. his whole nwd4 section was huge gaps... got hurt for a year then nwd6 he killed it

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
norcodj wrote:
gabodude wrote:
overrated? Kyle strait... turndowns and tables can only take you so far in my humble opinion.
I totally agree with that. Ever since that win at Rampage he has done almost nothing special in freeriding.

uhh sick double tailwhips on a sx trail??? and besides he focused on racing... rampage was good cuz it was at the end year so everyone can go all out

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
How bout just making this underrated? Who the hell are we to criticize some amazing riders?

Under appreciated: Dave Smutok, Lars Tribus, Bender, Zach Hensley

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
How bout just making this underrated? Who the hell are we to criticize some amazing riders?

Wooooooo! Bender! yeaaah!

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
jefo wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Wooooooo! Bender! yeaaah!

It should be noted that everyone I noted has worked their ass off to make major contributions to the sport and RIPS it up as well.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
i think joe swartz is under rated

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
ratherbeoutriding wrote:
i think joe swartz is under rated

PROPS to you. Joe's a ripper and a SUPER chill guy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010376
Mobile Version of Website