what's wrong with norco

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
what's wrong with norco
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
hey i see some ppl somewhat trashing norco.. what is the problem(s) with norco?

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
Whiny little kids dont find them cool, and they havent changed their rear susp design in many years, and they tend to be a little heavy. That doesnt keep my from having 2 though!

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
Nothing is. It's just the spoiled rich kiddies.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
ya totally true. norco bikes are pretty much bombproof( adleast from my expiriance ) everything i have thrown at mine it has tooken it and still going.
norco stands by their name.
just my .02$ tho.

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
Well, I think it's just that people see them break down, and they say right away "Oh, Norco sucks, because they break". C'mon, every bike breaks, and sure, they are heavy and they need to update their suspension design, they still work fine. People need to actually reasearch them before saying that they "suck". I've only had one experiance with a Norco, and I owned a 2006 Norco Six Two, it worked for what it was intended to do. And I know you guys arn't going to believe a 14 year old, but you have to trust me on this one, Norco doesn't let you down if you use it for what it's meant to do. Sure, if you take one of their XC bikes off a 20 foot drop, yeah, it's got a possibility to break, but it's common sense not too take your 2 inch travel bike off of that sorta things. Well, to sum everything up, Norco is a good company, and they have good service. I would reccomend them too anyone.

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
well thats awesome guys thanks alot... that puts a bit more faith into my manik i just got haha... thanks again

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
nothing is wrong with norcos there are good strong frame well build and kids shouldent be beating on them

O+
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
nothing against kona, but it seems most of the norco-thrashers have a kona of some sorts...
EDIT: I personally really like norco, one of my uncles just got a 08 shore 2 and it's sweet.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
nothing against kona, but it seems most of the norco-thrashers have a kona of some sorts...
EDIT: I personally really like norco, one of my uncles just got a 08 shore 2 and it's sweet.
i have a kona but i also love norco also. both companies are awesome canadian brands. Or at least kona has its roots in canada.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 10:49 Quote
Heavy, but thats a small price to pay, otherwise theyre nice bikes.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
bighiller55 wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
i have a kona but i also love norco also. both companies are awesome canadian brands. Or at least kona has its roots in canada.

In the interest of learning something new, please explain.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
Norco's are great bikes, I have been on one for 4 years now and it has done me proud. to each their own............

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
I've own a norco rampage and a norco ryde and they were both great bikes

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
bighiller55 wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:

norco is a candian bike company. Kona is also a canadian bike company ie bikes built in canada. the reason i say roots in canada is that i've heard they are so much based in canada anymore. but then again my LBS told me that kona is still pretty much all candian.

sorry if i don;t make sense. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
bighiller55 wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
bighiller55 wrote:

norco is a candian bike company. Kona is also a canadian bike company ie bikes built in canada. the reason i say roots in canada is that i've heard they are so much based in canada anymore. but then again my LBS told me that kona is still pretty much all candian.

sorry if i don;t make sense. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

There's the facts on it. I guess they could be seen as a Canadian company, I always figured they were another Taiwan special. Learn something new every day.

From Konaworld:
"Who owns Kona and where do you make your bikes?

Kona is 50% US and 50% Canadian owned. It is an independent company; no one owns us and we don't own anything else. We design all of our bikes from the ground up and visit the factories that make our frames and components and assemble our bikes in Taiwan every month while they are being produced. Bikes these days are a virtual United Nations (we have parts on our bikes made in Canada, China, France, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, USA) so it is almost impossible to get even half the parts on a bike from one country now. It is great to support your home country but the most important thing for Kona is to make the best bikes we can because our bikes are ridden by serious riders all around the world who expect nothing short of perfection."

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008981
Mobile Version of Website