halos what is the point anymore

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
halos what is the point anymore
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
hi dont hate me but whos gettin board of all this im gettin halos crap i was ok with it at first but now iv even got board with the shape the rims are ok strong but everyones gettin them or got them there like the new version of a poodle or somink like that

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
board with the shape hahahaha what do you want square rims? hahahaha

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
--matt-- wrote:
board with the shape hahahaha what do you want square rims? hahahaha
no its just they drag on and on

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
i think hes talking about halo rims being a big trend in the uk

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
i was joking ^^^^
halo arent really a trend with the djd ss hub at £80 its a great hub at a low price and theyr rims have been proven strong by many riders, also with the new supa drive hub (i think ) halo will become more popluar i expect

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:18 Quote
--matt-- wrote:
i was joking ^^^^
halo arent really a trend with the djd ss hub at £80 its a great hub at a low price and theyr rims have been proven strong by many riders, also with the new supa drive hub (i think ) halo will become more popluar i expect
yea still... there a huge f*cking trend....anytime i ask my buddies from the uk what rims to get, they ALWAYS say halos!its a huge trend

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
I ordered a new Halo. what you gonna do about it.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:38 Quote
JimberW wrote:
I ordered a new Halo. what you gonna do about it.
tup tup tup tup
lol lol lol lol

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
Aren't they heavy anyways? I don't know why anyone would ride something other then mavic..

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
streetmtber wrote:
Aren't they heavy anyways? I don't know why anyone would ride something other then mavic..
mavic only do 26 everyone i know rides 24 and ye hevyest things ever

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
the problems with halo

1) Fort William Destroys halo SAS wheels. Seriously me and my dad have had about 3 pairs each die on the track.
First they flatspot to infinity, the spokes become so loose you cant tighten them, and then the rim cracks on the weld or elsewhere...then you jump on them and leave them in the carpark.

2) The halo spindoctor hubs are useless if you live near the coast! Sea breeze kills the freewheels and the bearing in the front wheel go every few months if you ride in wet dirt or sandyness

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:09 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
the problems with halo

1) Fort William Destroys halo SAS wheels. Seriously me and my dad have had about 3 pairs each die on the track.

First they flatspot to infinity, the spokes become so loose you cant tighten them, and then the rim cracks on the weld or elsewhere...then you jump on them and leave them in the carpark.

2) The halo spindoctor hubs are useless if you live near the coast! Sea breeze kills the freewheels and the bearing in the front wheel go every few months if you ride in wet dirt or sandyness
yey u realised well done we live in the midlands so no sea breeze and my mate hit a curb at put a flat spot in the rim and his freehubs gone 7 or 8 times his bearings 2 and spokes have cum loose 1

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
3) Oh yes and the 48 spoke is pointless cause its just as shit as the 36! But you get more weight for your shitness...

However in saying all that, Halo wheels are good if your looking for a decent full wheel build that will take a good deal of abuse, but not set you back a fortune.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
put mine to one side sick of spokes comin loose now runnin 48 spoke Funn wheelset (1 year and not touched spokes or buckled)

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
I'll say it again! I LOVE my HALOS and c'mon people they're not THAT f*cking heavy man. And if they can take the abuses of a 5'10" 215 LB rider like me on street, dirt, and trails, they are definitly a good rim. And I've heard the bad things about spin doctors but have yet to have ANY issues with mine. In my opinion VERY strong + cheap = GOOD! not just a trend.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009173
Mobile Version of Website