Official Cut off your finger with Disc Brakes Thread.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Official Cut off your finger with Disc Brakes Thread.
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 8:45 Quote
i burnt my leg on my rotor after a downhill run.it hurt like a bitch... had a fukin burn mark 4 ages...

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 8:55 Quote
I cut a bit off the end of my pinky just slipping my finger on the disc trying to get it out of my car. I also got my finger between the chain and sprocket on my bmx, hurt like a MOFO.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
´few years ago, i adjustet my magura louise discbrake with a rotating wheel... i was tired and it was 2am. put my finger in the disc... ouch! i cut off the half of my middle fingercap to the bone... lost a lot of blood for being stoopid. get reapired with 4 stitches. thatz all.
from thi dy i learned:Attention never put ur fingers in a rotating wheel.Attention

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
wot a good name for a thread lol

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
gawd licking the hot rotor was hilarious lol

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
my friend fliped his bike over because something was wrong with his brake so he starded paedaling the pedals with his hand and as he was padaling his hand sliped toward the brake and it cut hi finger off,i mean it was just hanging on skin.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
what happens when you cut your finger off? do they literally sew the other end of your finger back on and just hope u get the use of it back?

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
drew44 wrote:
odin333 wrote:
i cut my sandwich in half using my disk break. works pretty well, especially when its hot. but why the hell would you stick your finger in it. well i did get my friend to lick it when it was really hot, but it wasn't spinning.

we arent talking about the thin edge of the disk, we are talking about the interior part right?

Yes exactly i was fixing my my chain and my finger somehow slipped in.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
what happens when you cut your finger off? do they literally sew the other end of your finger back on and just hope u get the use of it back?

Ya but it takes about half a year for full use.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
to actually cut off your finger in a disc would take some serious dumbass effort and extremely slow reaction time,
photo

if you were drunk lol...i cut off the tip of my index while truing my bike and got i think 6 stiches

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
Yeah, I've done it too. It sucks. A lot. I put a cloth on it and wrapped so tight that it didn't bleed and it was numb for about two days.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
all that happened to me was that i scraped a bit of skin offSmile

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Yeah, I've done it too. It sucks. A lot. I put a cloth on it and wrapped so tight that it didn't bleed and it was numb for about two days.
similar actions on from me.
Was adjusting a brake, and the wheel turned... ever so slowly, but goddamn those discs are sharp, and with it being a hefty dh wheel, even though it was going slowly, there was a lot of momentum behind it. My finger slipped into the rotor, and it cut through the base of my fingernail, down to the bone. (there was quite an impressive blood splatter pattern on the wall next to me too:P)
Immediately grabbed nearest cloth, and wrapped it on tight and held it solid for about 2 hours, before taking it to a sink, cold watering it, then tieing it together with tissue and electrical tape.

Hurt like a bastard for a couple of days, but it wasn't too bad after that for about 2 weeks when it was only painful when my finger came into contact with anything. Took ages for the nail to grow out too

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
cooldudethatate wrote:
Well i cut off my finger last spring with my disc brakes and i was wondering how often this happens.So i want to know about anyone who has cut off badly cut are severed there finger because of disc brakes.

Untill i see a pic of your severed finger i call bs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017905
Mobile Version of Website