BMX vs DIRT JUMPER

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BMX vs DIRT JUMPER
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
murraydmr wrote:
bmx is more of a challenge which makes them funner and smoother as they're rigid, and on a mtb it so much easier

wtf are you talking about, you obviously have no idea what you are sayingRolleyes . BMX bikes are smaller and way easir to whip around on. Mtbs are sluggish with considerably longer cs lengths, but are a lot more plush and stable to jump

youre right about the bmx agility but nowdays alot of mtbs have chainstays not that much longer than bmxs. my frame is about 14.5" and most bmxs are around 14". but yeah the smaller size, wheelbase, weight and flickable angles make bmxs more suited to riding trails and stuff

I guess it depends what you're doing. Afer my experience with the 26" I would say MTB is better if you just want to get out there and have a good time doing basic tricks but obviously there's no limit to how big you can go. If you want to do spins, barspins, tailwhips bmx is the way to go.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 1:31 Quote
Kbone wrote:
I guess it depends what you're doing. Afer my experience with the 26" I would say MTB is better if you just want to get out there and have a good time doing basic tricks but obviously there's no limit to how big you can go.

Ditto, man. Ditto. It's all about having fun now. I can't afford to get laid up in hospital for doing crazy stuff anymore.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 5:07 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
26" wheels should stay on the dh tracks and round xc routes, theyre just not as good as 24" for riding trails for very obvious reasons

sorry if its a repost, but...

26" isnt as good for trails as 24"? what do u mean by trails, because trails usually refers to something like an XC trail, or a DH trail. or atleast thats how it is in the biking world, maybe not in the DJ/street world.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 6:35 Quote
erik74 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
26" wheels should stay on the dh tracks and round xc routes, theyre just not as good as 24" for riding trails for very obvious reasons

26" isnt as good for trails as 24"? what do u mean by trails, because trails usually refers to something like an XC trail, or a DH trail. or atleast thats how it is in the biking world, maybe not in the DJ/street world.

yeah can be confusing. the dh and freeride world call their tracks trails. But Trails for bmxers and dirt riders is a set of jumps. however dirtjumping and trails riding is very different, trails are tight steep pumpy jumps with berms, hips and transfers, the sort of thing you do on a bmx or a 24" bike.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
get ya chocolate milk out bmx shud be blown up ps mtb is class

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
erik74 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:

yeah can be confusing. the dh and freeride world call their tracks trails. But Trails for bmxers and dirt riders is a set of jumps. however dirtjumping and trails riding is very different, trails are tight steep pumpy jumps with berms, hips and transfers, the sort of thing you do on a bmx or a 24" bike.

o, ive been around, so it gets confusing Confused

i find though that once the jump has the right shape, a good 26" bike is great. but i guess u could get a 24" one into tighter places. all personal preference.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
when i say dirt jump bikes are easier i meant they're more forgiving cos of suspension

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
if you ride 24's you might as well go ride a bmx.. and just wondering, why do all the pros ride 26? because 26 is better then 24.

get your head straight bro, 26 pwns 24 anyday!.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
People buy a BMX...I'll never regret buying a BMX thy July...With MTBs are only problems

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
freighttrain wrote:
if you ride 24's you might as well go ride a bmx.. and just wondering, why do all the pros ride 26? because 26 is better then 24.

get your head straight bro, 26 pwns 24 anyday!.

how does it? the pros all ride shit bikes with silly alu frames and gears. doesnt mean its right its just because they have sponsers and industry standards to follow. lots of pros ride konas, do they pwn? no they dont

think about what youre saying. how is a 26" better for riding trails/park and street? what reasons?
a 24" wheel is lighter, stronger,has less centrifugal force, gives you a shorter wheelbase, spins easier, accelerates quicker, fits into transitions better and is alot more practical.

dont be so ignorant, if you rode proper trails youd think twice before talking poo. watch riders like jimmy pratt who ride trails and youll see why 24" makes more sense

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
men ride 26 but real men ride 20"

BMX all the way

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
Really It comes down to what feels right to you.

If you feel comfortable on it you will do better.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
i personally like dirt jumping bikes cause there longer and they have a fork. Beer

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
bikerdude123321 wrote:
i personally like dirt jumping bikes cause there longer and they have a fork. Beer

forks are for pussys

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
well if forks are for pussies then rigid forks are for guys with no balls. must be a bumpy ride for you man. no ballsBig Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016982
Mobile Version of Website