Marzocchi 4X or Rock Shox Argyle 409 ?
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 8:51 Quote
fair do's... i still prefer the argyle, to many marzocchis where i live

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 8:54 Quote
carrerablastrider wrote:
fair do's... i still prefer the argyle, to many marzocchis where i live
Also fair. Salute

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
the 4x is a noticeably stiffer fork, friend of mine has both. the 4x from the feel of it is stronger, too.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 21:56 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
the 4x is a noticeably stiffer fork, friend of mine has both. the 4x from the feel of it is stronger, too.
stiffer? as in strength or compression? cuz it is an air fork than can be adjusted with an air pump to any compression easily

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 21:58 Quote
stiffer chassis. structurally.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 22:09 Quote
Im still stuck between the argyle 409 and the marz 4X both 2010, mainly want to know which one would be best for trail riding and XC aswell as dirt jumping and pump tracks. Or would i be better going with a trail fork like a reba or revelation? I dont tend to hit the jumps that often and never do street. Although i might give it a go at some point,

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 22:16 Quote
if your thinking about trail riding and maybe a few jumps go toward the revelation

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 22:41 Quote
kamloopsrider5 wrote:
if your thinking about trail riding and maybe a few jumps go toward the revelation

yer i was thinking that because i back on to a state forest so i can easly go for XC rides, but then the only thing that worry's me is if they will be strong enough for when i go and dirt jump.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 23:36 Quote
get the u-turn version

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 23:36 Quote
kamloopsrider5 wrote:
get the u-turn version

is it stronger?

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 23:56 Quote
its adjustable and yes for jumping it will be stronger just ask your lbs (local bike shop)

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 17:32 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
kamloopsrider5 wrote:

yer i was thinking that because i back on to a state forest so i can easly go for XC rides, but then the only thing that worry's me is if they will be strong enough for when i go and dirt jump.
if you wanna do jumps and trails and u wana go RS get a pike theyre amazing

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
ive heard the new 2010 revelation is sorta replacing the pike. so would it be better? i just want to know if it can be lowered

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 20:33 Quote
im pretty sure any fork can be lowered but im pretty sure the revelation wont be able to take the hits because its for XC

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 23:20 Quote
the new revelation chassis is basically a stronger, stiffer pike chassis, with more travel options. if anything it's made for the same or more abuse than the pike.

try the new rockshox sektor - same chassis as the revelation but cheaper because it uses a cheaper damper - not that any of us will miss that due to high air pressures for dj/street/park

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011560
Mobile Version of Website