hs33 clearence on evolve

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
hs33 clearence on evolve
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
i jsut got a set of hs33's for my bike and i have a echo front rim in the back becuase a rear rim wont fit in my bike ('07 norco evolve) and the hs33's have absolutely zero clearence but they do mount perfectly to the frame, i was wodnering if there are any sort of plates or somethign that can be moutned to the brake stems which the actualy brakes can be moutned to that would move the mfarther from the rim

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 2:41 Quote
You need this it is literally exactly what u are describing
http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=1189
i have an extra set if u want to buy them let me know

Also another thing u can do is simply get thinner brake pads. What kind of pads are you running? If you get viz or moe pads they are half the thickness of regular ones.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
omg you can not believe how awsome yo uare right now, those are like the perfect thing that i need, hte guy at my lbs has my bike and said he's gonna try and find somethin like this so i acme home and ive been lookin everywhere. man im so excited! i thought id have to put my old brakes on but now i dont have to!! i jsu tought the brakes yesterday so i still have the stock pads with them, but ill tlak to him about those pads yo umentioned to

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 7:26 Quote
im gonna tlak to him about them and see how long itll take him to get some and how much they cost, how much would you sell me yours for? i'd take yours if i can get the msooner then ihm

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:23 Quote
Sayshell wrote:
You need this it is literally exactly what u are describing
http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=1189
i have an extra set if u want to buy them let me know

Also another thing u can do is simply get thinner brake pads. What kind of pads are you running? If you get viz or moe pads they are half the thickness of regular ones.

sayshell to the rescue! Salute

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
yayyyyyyyyy!!! lol

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
im at the shop right now and we looked up those mounts you showed me and it turns on they wont work because my bike only has noirmla v-brake mounts, and even thoug hi have hs33's those mounts require a 4 bolt set up, so they wont work, but i looked up those pads oy usaid with the low profile and we found a pair that would save 2mm on each side, so im waitng for the owner to get un-busy and were ognna see about getting them, the yare the moe pads, man i cant thank you enoug hfor all the help, now im the first person in the city with maguras on an evolve with a wide echo rim!!

we eve ncalled the shop that sells the bike and the owner says he has never fit maguras on a evolve before with such a wide rim.. well i guess ive got the honor of making this shop the first!!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
o yeah thats right evolves have vee brake mounts forgot about that. Oh well no problem!! I got another thing that will work for you. Go back to vee brakes and just buy this
http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2005

what kind of rim and pads are u running?
Then u can run any hs-33 pads. However Their are 2 types of materials pads are made of. Their is rubber pads which are always bad have little power and never "squeal", and the petroleum jelly stuff which is what makes the loud squeals and gives you "bite".
if you have rubber pads on your vee brakes just upgrade them.
You can get rock pads, plazmatic v-fly, heatsink, and moe pads for regular vee brakes.
If you have a anodized rear rim the plazmatics, and rock pads will give u mad power
If you run moe pads on an anodized rim you get mad power but modulation too, so if u like manuels i would recommend them.
If you have just a regular rear rim the moe pads and heatsink will give u the most power
if you have a grinded rim rock pads, and plazmatics will work the best.

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
well because of my wide rim, my normal v-brakes dont even fit properly in there mounts, cause the rims so wide. so these pads would make it impossible to use the v-brakes i have

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
I thought you said your running a front rim on the rear?

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
ya but its still extremely wide compaired to the seat stays on the evolve

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
my old rear rim can fit isnide this new front rim

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
well I think their is only 3 possible solutions then.
a) saw or sand your brake pads
b) narrower rim
c) new frame

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
well we ordered some narrow pads, so were gonan try those hopefulyl they work

O+
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
what kind are u running now and what kind did u ordeR?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010853
Mobile Version of Website