700C bmx vid??!!!??!!! ; )

PB Forum :: 29ers
700C bmx vid??!!!??!!! ; )
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
m3hl wrote:
i hate fixie freestyle so much its not even funny. stupid hipsters, makes me want to burn my road bike.

I understand your point of view of fixie riders since you live in Portland. I live in Vancouver and I know exactly what you're talking about. Do know that the guys and girls in this vid are not stupid hipsters!

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
adove wrote:
m3hl wrote:
i hate fixie freestyle so much its not even funny. stupid hipsters, makes me want to burn my road bike.

I understand your point of view of fixie riders since you live in Portland. I live in Vancouver and I know exactly what you're talking about. Do know that the guys and girls in this vid are not stupid hipsters!

hmmm lets see,

-vans slip-ons
-tight capree pants
-american apparel hoodie
-spoke cards
-deep v's
-riser bars
-oury grips

yes they are hipsters by definition (maybe not every single one but i just hate hipsters so much)

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
i dont care
that vid was amazing.
haha

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
i want one of those bikes, i dont know why because i suck as street

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
m3hl wrote:
adove wrote:
m3hl wrote:

hmmm lets see,

-vans slip-ons
-tight capree pants
-american apparel hoodie
-spoke cards
-deep v's
-riser bars
-oury grips

yes they are hipsters by definition (maybe not every single one but i just hate hipsters so much)

The big difference is that hipsters can't do any of the stuff you saw in that vid. They just ride down Hipster Ave with their lattes and make hardcore riders look bad.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
adove wrote:
m3hl wrote:
adove wrote:

hmmm lets see,

-vans slip-ons
-tight capree pants
-american apparel hoodie
-spoke cards
-deep v's
-riser bars
-oury grips

The big difference is that hipsters can't do any of the stuff you saw in that vid. They just ride down Hipster Ave with their lattes and make hardcore riders look bad.

Agreed. People who use the right parts (Deep Vs, risers . . .) are just trying to have a nicer bike. It's impossible to do barspins with any other kind of bar. Deep Vs are strong and moderately light, and have been relied on for a long time - not hipster stuff.

And as for spoke cards, I bet you don't know the origin of them.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
adove wrote:
m3hl wrote:

hmmm lets see,

-vans slip-ons
-tight capree pants
-american apparel hoodie
-spoke cards
-deep v's
-riser bars
-oury grips

Agreed. People who use the right parts (Deep Vs, risers . . .) are just trying to have a nicer bike. It's impossible to do barspins with any other kind of bar. Deep Vs are strong and moderately light, and have been relied on for a long time - not hipster stuff.

And as for spoke cards, I bet you don't know the origin of them.

EXACTLY what I thought about the cards

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 8:55 Quote
SCREW YOU! how dare you think i comment on them because i dont know their origin!!! in fact I DO, I have worked in the industry longer than you have! also just because you are good at riding a fixed gear doesnt make you a non-hipster.

also about deep-v's
they are not light but they are strong... but the reason they are used is because their origins in track racing and of course the pretty colors.

i am aware that you need risers to do barspins.. but do you need seafoam oury grips and every other trendster part on the market? I am just sick of all of these bikes that look the same because is part of a stupid alternative culture. put any moderatly talented bmx'er on one of those bikes and watch him stomp all these people to the ground.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
Wow, cool stuff on a bmx. Amazing on a fixed.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
m3hl wrote:
SCREW YOU! how dare you think i comment on them because i dont know their origin!!! in fact I DO, I have worked in the industry longer than you have! also just because you are good at riding a fixed gear doesnt make you a non-hipster.

also about deep-v's
they are not light but they are strong... but the reason they are used is because their origins in track racing and of course the pretty colors.

i am aware that you need risers to do barspins.. but do you need seafoam oury grips and every other trendster part on the market? I am just sick of all of these bikes that look the same because is part of a stupid alternative culture. put any moderatly talented bmx'er on one of those bikes and watch him stomp all these people to the ground.

I can't match your raging wrath. Damn.

So, let's get it straight. Anyone who rides a fixed gear and has a colored bike is a hipster. Anyone who like Oury grips is a hipster. Anyone who is a part of a "stupid alternative culture" is a hipster.

I guess that makes dirt jumpers hipsters too, seeing as it is considered a "stupid alternative culture" as well. Also, anyone with Shimano stuff is a hipster, because they all ride it. Hey, everyone is a hipster! If you act like you're not from the 1940s you're a hipster! Oooh, I'm typing hipster words on my hipster computer on this hipster site! Ooh! Ooh!

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
m3hl wrote:
SCREW YOU! how dare you think i comment on them because i don't know their origin!!! in fact I DO, I have worked in the industry longer than you have! also just because you are good at riding a fixed gear doesn't make you a non-hipster.

also about deep-v's

i am aware that you need risers to do barspins.. but do you need seafoam oury grips and every other trendster part on the market? I am just sick of all of these bikes that look the same because is part of a stupid alternative culture. put any moderately talented bmx'er on one of those bikes and watch him stomp all these people to the ground.

OH NOES!!! I have a PC which is what most people have so I am a horrible computer hipster!!!! lol lol ...oh didn't notice hombre's post...still lolable

uh most of them do bmx...and who says that everyone use oury grips. You are making huge assumptions that fixie riders all act the same. Which is like saying that everyone on pinkbike owns a doberman (even though a lot of kids do since it's "cool"). That and I haven't seen one fixie that looks the same as others mainly because I would guess that the majority of them are built up, and very much individualized.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:

That and I haven't seen one fixie that looks the same as others mainly because I would guess that the majority of them are built up, and very much individualized.

yeah, re-cycling ; )
many are old frames painted and freshned up with new parts

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
im building a fixie cuz it seems fun to do- am i a hipster?

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 8:16 Quote
m3hl wrote:
adove wrote:
m3hl wrote:

hmmm lets see,

-vans slip-ons
-tight capree pants
-american apparel hoodie
-spoke cards
-deep v's
-riser bars
-oury grips

dont judge someone by the way they dress judge them by the way they ride there bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016125
Mobile Version of Website