What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)

PB Forum :: Beginners
What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
setup wrote:
- Yep, im not sure if you will find this thread rather intersting or fun , lol. But here goes nothing (Y)

Anyhow. What got you to start biking?

I ask myself that sometimes.. And I mean in elementary school kids used to play soccer, basketball, volleyball. I was never good at those type of sports. I was real shit Razz
So then, mom was driving me back home and i saw a guy bustin out a long wheelie. And I thought that how cool it would be to do such things. ( this was lonng time ago)

So yeah. i bought my first bike, tried dirt jumps and been biking ever since, and found a sport that I wasnt good at, but good enough to say that i ride. Smile

you have the same story as me, i just saw my friend do a cat walk and i was like wow, so then i just progressed from there.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
I Used to Inline for about 2-3 years at Rampworx like every friday, but when i was having a break, i would always watch the BMXers doing tailwhips and 360's around the place making it look real easy, so i went and bought a BMX to start practicing, But then i found i was way to big for a BMX, even though some big people do it, i went out and bought myself a Saracen X-ray and just went from there, now i have a custom build Kona Scrap lol Big Grin

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
Well I always biked since I can remember, my first non-shit-wallmart/crappy-tire-bike was a norco scrabler that my dad bought me. That led to me getting really into XC, shortyl after I dented my top dube the bike got stolen. About maybe half a year later I got a bigfoot and continued doing XC, at this point I had no idea about the true scope of mountain biking. Around when I turned 16ish I got out biking because non of my friends did it, and I smoked too much.

When I quite smoking and during my year off in between deciding what to do with my life, I was working in a factory and making lots of money, so I had cash to spare. At this point I've been wanting to get into some sort of sport, I remembered vaugly I use to bike lol and thought it would be really cool to build up a bike. So I started looking around ebay for parts and started reading and researching. Since I didn't really know about djing and street and all that other fun stuff I just decided to start where I left off... XC. I bought a Rampage frame off my lbs and built it up as a XC bike.

Since then I'v rebuilt the rampage into a dh/fr rig and I have a norco trials bike which Im learning trials and street with. Its been about 3 years since my biking rebirth and I'm loving every min of it. My only wish is that I had more money to buy more biking stuff Razz being a college student can suck sometimes lol

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
drop in started me biking then i got into cross country through an mtb camp now its all bmx and freeride

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
Family thing.. lol.

Also i never liked football or anything like that so yeah.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
My friends. They were always riding, and i felt alone, so i took it up.. no they all work, so i never go riding with them, so technicly, im just riding because i like it... alone or not.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
Ive always enjoyed riding my bike. I only got into it as a sport when I got my first 26" bike.
Then I found dirt jumping and thought it looked cool so I got into that.

then I bought a Bmx and found skateparks Razz

My brother used to do trials when he was younger too so I guess that has somthing to do with it.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
Freinds Told Me About It But i only really got into it after Drop in.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
i have always ridden a bike, me and my dad would go on bike rides alot even since i was like 3. then i started doing hardcore drops on my supercycle at like 6(curbs lol) then my 1 friend got his factor x jump and we would jump off that..then when winter came we would jump snowbanks. Then a few years ago..like 05 i saw this bike with "disk brakes" and im like omg i want one, so my dad took me to our lbs and we looked around and it was like a whole new world with nice bikes for dh/fr street and everything. That day i got a norco wolverine, i rode it for about a month then bought a bigfoot and upgraded that ever since. Last october my dad passed due to injuries in a bike accident...i was scared to go back onto my bike until early-mid may..finally i got myself going again and am working my way back up. now about a month ago i decided to build a street/dj bike so ive got most of the parts now my frame is coming today, so we'll see where this takes metup

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
picked up a mag and seen Robbie Bourdon going off the leap of faith at the 02 rampage and from then on i was hooked

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
always had bike. Went on bike rides with Dad when little. Me and my mate randomly decided to go on a bike ride at local woods. Bought bike magazines, still wishing I had a decent bike Cry

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
I aggressive roller bladed for a few years. Then I started commuting with my bike really far with my friends. And we normally did stupid things like endos and stuff. Then it sorta progressed from there. I rode mtb street after that for a looong time and switched to bmx, then I got into trials and I am riding that

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
we moved to north van and there were some crappy djs behind our house so i went out there with my bike for like 3 hours every day slowly upgrading the jumps. then i got a norco scrambler when i was nine started going up fromme mountain doing easy trails and i did that for a year then bought a third hand kona stab now i'm doing double blacks on fromme and seymourSmile

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
i used to go on easy rides with my dad through the woods and then i just kinda walked into a bike shop later on and fell in love with it all..

now theres no going back!!!!

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
What got me into riding was a friend i used to sit by in Maths who just liked building bikes up and taking them apart etc. So every maths lesson he would tell me more and more about biking and then i just got hooked Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015535
Mobile Version of Website