What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)

PB Forum :: Beginners
What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
i wish my school had bike club
cotakid wrote:
I started when I took an "extreme mountain biking" camp when i was like 11 and i did it on a infinity costco bike that i still have. then i just rode bikes on the street until i went to high school where I joined my school's mountain biking club and got my first mountain bike through the club. My 2002 Norco Fluid! i didn't know what real mountain biking was until i went up Burke Mountain in Port Coquitlam (where i live) now i'm hooked! i just got back from dirtjumping

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
I am a big hiker/camper. Have hiked parts of the Bruce trail etc. One day I was like "man this would way more fun on a bike".

Now I can't hike anywhere without fiending for my bike to rip the trail apart on.

More than that. Its an escape. Everyone needs to escape. I work in an office, its shit. I sit in a classroom, its shit.

I can go into the woods and be free. Its good. Theres a thread here about the coolest things you found while biking. Someone posted "myself". Amen brother.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:52 Quote
i use to collect models for a hobby but then i stopped doing it and then i got bored really bored, i never knew what i was going to now. The next day a passed my local dh track and saw evreyone riding having fun i ask them about dh and they said you should get into it, they where even saying where they where going tomorrow fort william and then inners they where going evreywhere. Thats what got me into dh for fun and adventure.Salute

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:58 Quote
marzzochiboy08 wrote:
i use to collect models for a hobby but then i stopped doing it and then i got bored really bored, i never knew what i was going to now. The next day a passed my local dh track and saw evreyone riding having fun i ask them about dh and they said you should get into it, they where even saying where they where going tomorrow fort william and then inners they where going evreywhere. Thats what got me into dh for fun and adventure.Salute

Good Story but you got into Dh on a Kona Shred?

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
marzzochiboy08 wrote:

only slightly diffrent from what actually happened Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
mitchdog1 wrote:
marzzochiboy08 wrote:

only slightly diffrent from what actually happened Rolleyes
yep

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
Couple years ago I was flipping thru the channel menu on the TV, and saw "Drop In". At that time I didn't know wtf it was, so I pressed the select button, and that was when I was exposed to FR, street etc. I was amazed that a bunch of guys could do so many different things with a bike. Drop In was how I heard of PinkBike too.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
when i was like for my grand pa took off my training wheels and i learnd how to ride.then he made a jump with sum wood and some bricks and i fell in love.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
my buddy works for a performance sports distributor and always has sweet demo bikes around, so one day i got him to take me riding and i haven't stopped since.
i go squirrely if i don't get out and do stuff, so i've tried most everything you can do for a thrill.. nothing has ever stuck til now.
dh is my church.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 10:35 Quote
CallumWood wrote:
always like riding puch bikes
i still have a lil book from my first school when i was 5 and it say my favourite thing ever is riding my bike Big Grin

dude! i had something similar to that, when i was younger and we had to write journals i always wrote how i love to ride my bike. i still remember when i was being taught to ride my first 2 wheeled bike. biking is my passion and i love it, it just sucks that i don thave that many ppl to ride with

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
my older brother always used to bike and i used to want to do everything he did so he took me along for a ride one day when i was like 4 and never stopped !

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
Well i haven't actually started biking yet, but once i save and get enough money holy hell i sure will! my friend was into bikes before me and not long ago got a specialized P2 Cr-mo and since then my interest in biking has grown and grown until lately where it just exploded, all i can do is look at bikes and wonder about them haha.. anyway im 16 soon and getting a job, and when the day comes when i have enough money.. im going to buy one hell of an amazing bike Big Grin

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
i always rode mtb but when i was 10 i bought a fishbone bmx from crapy tire and i liked it so i just started biking

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
drop in, and i'm not shitting you. like most i saw it on t.v and it was soo dope got me stoked that i went out and pedaled my ass off on my dyno, haha. during the time i was saving up for a dirtbike, but i was like f*ck that i'll buy a bike. bought a 05specialized p.2 and rode that. still have the bike(for the remander of this week). everytime i see drop in it still stokes me up and makes me want to ride. can't last a whole episode with out thinking about leaving and riding my bike. plus it's helped me progress.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 11:22 Quote
yogoman wrote:
when i was like for my grand pa took off my training wheels and i learnd how to ride.then he made a jump with sum wood and some bricks and i fell in love.
Your my hero man... Eek

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011931
Mobile Version of Website