Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Penticton, Summerland & Kaleden Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 30, 2013 at 21:08 Quote
andrewdrouin wrote:
I'll ask where they were hiking at the time...

You guys spend a lot of time up there and know that area well; are there one or two 'dead-zones' that you guys can think of off-hand that might make good candidates for cleanup?

Andrew

ya knuckleduster is most likely what they saw, there are some serious old decrepit stunts on that trail that are nothing more than eyesores anymore but if you walk along all the trails up there old junk can be spotted

Posted: Nov 7, 2013 at 10:37 Quote
Separatist, Unity, Bear Loop on Monday afternoon.

Last ride of the year?!

Nov 4th - last ride of the year

Posted: Nov 7, 2013 at 12:37 Quote
Oct. 29th Jose Ride
11 years gone by!
RIP my friend.

Oct. 29th Jose Ride 11 years gone by RIP my friend

Look for a group ride for the masses on Campbells on Nov. 11th

Posted: Nov 7, 2013 at 19:36 Quote
topsog wrote:
Oct. 29th Jose Ride
11 years gone by!
RIP my friend.

Oct. 29th Jose Ride 11 years gone by RIP my friend

Look for a group ride for the masses on Campbells on Nov. 11th
sorry dog, i'll be in squamish. Have a great ride friend!

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 1:07 Quote
Way back in the day... there was an effort to create a DH trail on the south slopes of Carmi / Beaverdale. I believe that Wolfgang was the main proponent of this gig. We're talking back before everyone had Internet / Google Earth / RDOS Mapping access. The problem was that of trespassing and pissed off land-owners yelling at him...

Nowadays, with all of the aforementioned technology at our disposal, we can map out ownership to the meter, or nearly so.

This evening I spent some time trying to figure out how to extend the Carmi / Beaverdell DH trails, including the Carmi Canyon trail (one of my favorites). To my surprise, there is a legit' access zone that would provide another 2km or so of trail to the existing trails. Check out the attached image. The canyon-side trail vistas would be amazing and the rocky terrain very durable.

Everything in the colored box is Crown land. Note in particular that there is a connector between this Crown land and Daloc Rd. This provides an escape route, as all of the land west (downhill) of that point is a real mishmash of Crown, Private ownership and crazy-steep cliffs...

I'm going to create some GPS maps of trail possibilities and go in there this spring to see whats possible. Zooming in on Google Earth seems to show that there are numerous quad, dirt-bike and game trails throughout the Crown land in question.

I'd say that with a bit of hard work, we can be shuttling down to DaDaloc Rd. by mid to late 2014!

Andrew

Map Link: http://cdnav.com/images/Carmi_Canyon_Trail/Carmi%20New%20DH%20Trail%20Project.jpg

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 6:30 Quote
Is Ryan Berrecloth's jumpline right in the middle of that 'golden' zone?

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:39 Quote
Looks like it may be just outside the of crown land...

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 10:58 Quote
There is an old line already down that way called The Snake Pit.
We were kicked out of there a couple of years ago because of a single person that did enough complaining
to get the MOE involved because of Big Horn Sheep in the area. Plus that person was sabotaging the trails and
trying to hurt someone. He wasn't even a land owner and the trail was on Crown Land!
The MOE has relented and we can ride there again, plus the a@#hole is gone.
Would be awesome to get this back into riding shape and avoid any land issues from the Lost Moose down!!

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 14:40 Quote
Dead dying cow bleeding all over the trail.

Rider down on Eastside of Campbell. Careful on the trails ppl!

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 17:33 Quote
theprocrastinator wrote:
Holy shit! Hahaha

So you saw the backside of that?!?! Manure volcano!!!

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 at 17:45 Quote
No, but I think you win best photo

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 18:50 Quote
andrewdrouin wrote:

Genius!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015236
Mobile Version of Website