Marzocchi 55 R

• Previous Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
Hey Im looking to rebuild my light freeride bike for cheap, (ride mostly bmx). I came across a Marzocchi 55 R series fork on sale. I dont see this fork on their website. so Im wondering if this is an OEM fork... or another name for one of the "real" 55's.

If you know anything about the fork plz comment, and review it.

If you have other suggestions for a fork plz post, (ps the fork is selling for 400$... so dont recommend me 900$ forks).

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
i don't know anything about the 55r but i bet you can find a good deal on a rockshox domain. ive tried them and they're suprisingly nice. i thought since they're somewhat budget oriented they would feel cheap but they're very plush. i don't know if that interests you but i imagine they can be found for cheap

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 1:39 Quote
I have a 55 Wink

photo

Its a light fork with 140 mm distance.
Little brother of the 66
Riding with this fork is nice. When you can buy this fork do it! Wink

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
epicbiker wrote:
i don't know anything about the 55r but i bet you can find a good deal on a rockshox domain. ive tried them and they're suprisingly nice. i thought since they're somewhat budget oriented they would feel cheap but they're very plush. i don't know if that interests you but i imagine they can be found for cheap

Cheap is good, and as for fork quality... as long as its better than a manitou stance than im good for it.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
dawids wrote:
epicbiker wrote:

Cheap is good, and as for fork quality... as long as its better than a manitou stance than im good for it.

then i would definitely recommend that you look into trying to find a domain. would look for the 318 though because the compression adjustment it has would be nice for free ride

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
i have a 55r and it is good but unless it is brand new( the fork ur buying )400 is a rip. they sell new for $430 at a bike shop

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
Andrewmiltimore wrote:
i have a 55r and it is good but unless it is brand new( the fork ur buying )400 is a rip. they sell new for $430 at a bike shop

Its brand new for 360 Canadian. Free shipping. but i dont noe if theyll charge me taxes.

Is it 430 $ Canadian in stores.... or American.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
canadian and it is 430 i saw it a week ago

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
In all seriousness, don't bother.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
-brokenchain- wrote:

Why?

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
dawids wrote:
epicbiker wrote:

Then you're set

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 4:02 Quote
dawids wrote:
-brokenchain- wrote:

Why?
There are lots of problems with the travel.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
-brokenchain- wrote:
dawids wrote:
-brokenchain- wrote:

Why?

so wat other budget fork would ya recommend.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
dawids wrote:
-brokenchain- wrote:
dawids wrote:

Why?

so wat other budget fork would ya recommend.
I would highly recommend a Fox 32 Vanilla R.
A bit more, but highly worth it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012964
Mobile Version of Website