Powered by Outside

kona's...?

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:51 Quote
just wondering why there are so many kona fully's forsale. cuz i'm looking at getting a new bike, and kona's have always caught my atention. are they no good?

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:57 Quote
no there a awesome bike, atleast in my view they are, how much are u willing to spend on a mtb?

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:57 Quote
ksavbikes wrote:
just wondering why there are so many kona fully's forsale. cuz i'm looking at getting a new bike, and kona's have always caught my atention. are they no good?
I have a Kona Stab Garbanzo Primo which is a stinky primo frame basically. I love it, rides well and is always a blast to ride around. Isn't the most fun to pedal when riding around the city. But you get a lot of looks though =p. I love my kona

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:58 Quote
up to maybe $1500 a lot of the 05's are cheaper then that.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:00 Quote
xfactor78 wrote:
ksavbikes wrote:
I have a Kona Stab Garbanzo Primo which is a stinky primo frame basically. I love it, rides well and is always a blast to ride around. Isn't the most fun to pedal when riding around the city. But you get a lot of looks though =p. I love my kona
how are they for dirtjumping. and also i live in manitoba and would be doing a lot of pedaling. is this bike a bad idea.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:01 Quote
lol k, cuz I have a 02 Kona Stinky Primo (awesome DH bike), no stock parts and is incredible, havnt had any problems yet, lookin for trades and or sell, but its over ur limit lol

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:02 Quote
creech wrote:
lol k, cuz I have a 02 Kona Stinky Primo (awesome DH bike), no stock parts and is incredible, havnt had any problems yet, lookin for trades and or sell, but its over ur limit lol
02 is too old... sorry dude

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:03 Quote
lol its not that old, 5 years, bike`s in great shape! few scratches here n there but its a nice bike

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:21 Quote
Manitoba... i guess it'll get you fit. The bike itself is like 45-50pounds. It's not the best for commutes, but going dh would be heaven. DJ I'm not the best but it soaks up a lot of the stuff so its really different coming from a hardtail. but yeah I love it, I can't do much dj with it but I cant wait till I go to whistler next year

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 10:09 Quote
For pedaling its can be bad to resonable. If your not doin to much in the way of downhill i would probably stay away from it. If its just for dj's and some light dh look into a good hardtail or something with less or adjustable travel.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
ksavbikes wrote:

Get a Chaparral it may look the same as a Stinky but its not, longer warranty, better geometry, climbs and pedals better, handles better at high speed, and MUCH stronger.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/253512/

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:33 Quote
Why does it all of a sudden seem that every time someone wants an opinion they get.....along with 30 people trying to sell them a bike?

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 16:29 Quote
ksavbikes wrote:

Theres so many for sale because so many sold brand new.

You might get alot of kona haters bitching but hope not.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 16:45 Quote
I have owned 2 kona's before, and Although they are not my first choice, they still are decent. It would help if you directed us towards what your riding style was and what bike you are looking at. That way we can tell you the pro's and con's of going with that bike.

As for the fact that so many are up for sale, think about this. how many kona's were sold last year? I dont know the number, but it is huge. Now if 0.5% of those people sell their bikes to get a 2008 model, you end up with hundreds of konas that suddenly need to be sold. it is the exact same with compaines like Norco.

~Mark

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 16:52 Quote
mitchum wrote:
Why does it all of a sudden seem that every time someone wants an opinion they get.....along with 30 people trying to sell them a bike?
cause thats the way things work on pinkbike

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009099
Mobile Version of Website