How to bunnyhop! (please help)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How to bunnyhop! (please help)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 4:08 Quote
I need to know how to bunnyhop! I get so mad because I can't bunnyhop!Really Mad Please tell me how to bunnyhop!Madder

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 5:31 Quote
fattyj wrote:
Compress and as you come up try to pull the bars into your chest, pull the back wheel up and level out. I got it by pulling up the front wheel as high as i could, and then i would do that and try to get the back wheel up and practice that. Hope that helps a little, just keep trying.

hes right, also just keep practising and u'll get it, see something like a curb and try to do it, all the time

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 6:04 Quote
american bunny hop is the best way to learn mate
compress ur weight foward and the lift front end up as if u wer about to maual with ur pedals facin up
as ur front ends u pull ur feet down and back and the back end will follow

keep tryin
if u can bunny hop good u can ride good

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 6:40 Quote
the way i learnt how to was jus rollin along the street lift up ur front wheel high, then throw your weight forward whilst lifting your feet up slightly. Keep on doing that and the technique eventually kinda clicks and then you can refine it for every different circumstance. hope that helps a little

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:16 Quote
Here's some advice that helped me:

Most people start out by throwing their weight back as far and as hard as possible. This won't work...unless your goal is to bend your handlebar (even then, it still won't work, but at least it's the right technique).

The bunnyhop is as much about "forward" as it is about "back". Rather than moving your weight in a straight line back, you want to move your weight in a smooth arc: back, up, forward. The up and forward parts are actually the most important, since you can make a small hop with almost no back, then plenty of up and forward, but you can't do a thing with lots of backward motion, followed by minimal up and forward.

This might help you get started: Have you ever done a stand-up wheelie? Not a manual, but the kind where you maintain forward motion by pedaling? If so, you probably found yourself standing almost upright with the stem in your crotch. Try a few of those and get used to the feeling; that's the motion you want to replicate for the back and up portion of the movement (without pedaling, of course). The difference between that and a bunnyhop is that the bunnyhop adds extra forward weight shift at the end, but you'll be in the ballpark if you can get that stand-up wheelie movement happening without pedaling.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
My main problem with bunny hopping was lifting the back tire when I was riding on flat pedals. What helped me the most was pointing my toes slightly and "clawing" upward. Other people may do it differently, but thats just what works for me.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 13:46 Quote
Thanks for the advice I'll try it right now!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 17:18 Quote
obviously lean back, lift the front end towards you while leaning forward. then move your hands in something like a circle(it moves your bike forwards and up at the same time)

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
lift up and kick your back end upwith your feet
always frnot tire b4 back tire

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
if u skate think of the movements of an ollie but r u just screwin around lol

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:50 Quote
bunnyhopping bugged me for so long. here's the advice that basically saved me. and by bunnyhop i mean bunnyhop like both tires at same time, not a j hop where you pull up first.

push your pedals forward so that their like this \ . Now pull up with your feet and your arms. you should get off the ground about an inch. After that you can practice gapping like boards and stuff and then curbs, and then gradually you'll figure out j hopping and then you can do whatever you want.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 9:22 Quote
maybe this is bad advise dudz .....buy dvd sometimes , theres a lot of tricks that u can learn , even MBUK mags gave a bonus tricks dvd

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011103
Mobile Version of Website