"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
oh thanks. i thought a correct bunny hop was front first. and the cheapo version was both at the same time

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
I guess that works too. People have a ton of different ways to say it. I just say hop.

Everyone here is doing J hops though. You can't get very high on a bunny hop.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
To me there's no difference between a bunny hop and a j-hop. They're the same thing. A bunny hop is front then rear. It's been like that forever. Then at some point someone decided to call it a j-hop. J-hop just sounds stupid to my ears. They're the same thing. Both wheels at the same time is just bad technique. Front then rear is a proper bunny hop.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
To me there's no difference between a bunny hop and a j-hop. They're the same thing. A bunny hop is front then rear. It's been like that forever. Then at some point someone decided to call it a j-hop. J-hop just sounds stupid to my ears. They're the same thing. Both wheels at the same time is just bad technique. Front then rear is a proper bunny hop.
agreed

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
Picture a bunny hopping - front legs up first, then the back one follow, then it lands on a mine.

Now picture a J.

yep - I see a letter too.

Why did anyone even call it a J hop.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
always wondered that myself, when I was a kid was always called a pro hop

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
i hoped 12 inches today on my transition trailorpark ill get pics and a vid soon but right now i got no memory card and no camera man Beer but keep the posts coming people this is a good thread

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
bit over 50cm now

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
i used to be able to hop up a 5 set pretty easily. but that was like a super stretch, tire in ass kinda thing. i could also get onto a picnic table. don't know exactly how high that is though.

has any body ever noticed they can only hop high when their trying to get up something? i can only get like a foot on flat ground but if i need to get over something i can find extra pop somehow. and is it easier for you guys to hop high going slow or fast? i find i get more pop the faster i go but it gets a lot scarier.

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
yeah on flat i used to only get about 2 stairs high but then i hopped up a 3 stair cleanly. i guess its just adrenaline or something and you knowing you have to get up that so you get superhuman hops or something

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
I think you can hop the same height, it's just hard to measure a flat hop on nothing.

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
i got a vid and measured off that for the flat, then i hopped up a 3 set. close to 4 now

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
haha ya i know what your saying i think its because you know you have to hop that high or its not gonna turn out too great Smile i just set something up hop over it and meqasure how high it is

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
I'd say its a lot of psychological. When I'm hopping on to or over something, I can tuck my back wheel up pretty high. If I'm just flat hopping I can't tuck as high.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018990
Mobile Version of Website