Powered by Outside

Drops

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
I have been riding for just about a year now, I have been doing a lot of jumping (up to 15' gaps) and have gotten more comfortable and controlled on drops as well (up to 5 feet). I rode Whistler last year and did several of the drops (A-Line, Dirt Merchant, etc.). I would really like to take the next step but am a little aprehensive about higher drops. I hope to do the clown shoes drop this year.

Do you do anything different on larger drops or is it essentially the same? I worry about the longer hang time accentuating a wrong move. Any coaching would be most appreciated.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 0:54 Quote
I have allmost the same problem allways asking my self how much speed do i need on higher drops?

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 2:25 Quote
Well, speed comes from judgement, if there's no gap, you can go just fast enough to be able to keep the front up, and scale the speed up if you want for more distance.

It's essentially the same thing for drops of any height, just be ready for the "OH MY GOD MY STOMACH IS GONNA COME OUT MY MOUTH!!" feeling and don't freeze up when it happens.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009488
Mobile Version of Website