Any One From Georgia

PB Forum :: USA - East
Any One From Georgia
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 15:48 Quote
ou7law1 wrote:
I came a couple of months ago in the US, and just build my bike,I live in east cobb, Marietta and I'm looking for someone to ride with. The only trails I've been so far are Big Creek and Blankets Creek. The only information I have for the trails around Atlanta is from mtbr.com and singletracks.com. It would be great, if someone show me the places they like to ride, and probably ride together.

What kind of riding are you looking for? For XC another great place to check out would be Chicopee!

If you like freeride and DH there isn't a ton near by. Big Creek has a nice set of DJs and some small DH stuff in the back. Carters Lake has an easily shuttleable DH trail that was a lot of fun last time I was there about 2 years ago. There is also some XC around there too. Carters Lake is up in North GA though and a bit of a drive.

If you don't mind a longer drive, Clemson has DH and a lot of awesome XC right along lake heartwell and lake issaqueena. If you find yourself in Clemson hit me up, I go to school here and could point you in the right direction. Greenville has Paris Mountain with a bunch of fun single track and an easily shuttleable DH course.

Definitely check out Chicopee, it's great!

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 16:38 Quote
collin7 wrote:
What kind of riding are you looking for? For XC another great place to check out would be Chicopee!

If you like freeride and DH there isn't a ton near by. Big Creek has a nice set of DJs and some small DH stuff in the back. Carters Lake has an easily shuttleable DH trail that was a lot of fun last time I was there about 2 years ago. There is also some XC around there too. Carters Lake is up in North GA though and a bit of a drive.

If you don't mind a longer drive, Clemson has DH and a lot of awesome XC right along lake heartwell and lake issaqueena. If you find yourself in Clemson hit me up, I go to school here and could point you in the right direction. Greenville has Paris Mountain with a bunch of fun single track and an easily shuttleable DH course.

Definitely check out Chicopee, it's great!

I'm looking for more of a DH and freeride trails, but i don't mind XC from time to time. I'll definitely check out the surrounding trails, thanks for the info!

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 20:31 Quote
ou7law1 wrote:
I'm looking for more of a DH and freeride trails, but i don't mind XC from time to time. I'll definitely check out the surrounding trails, thanks for the info!

Cool man, if I think of any others I'll post it up. Fyi Clemson is about 2 hours from where you are (up 85). If you head 2 hours north on 75 you'll wind up in Chattanooga and there is a place there called the Trails Training Center. A group of riders have built some gnarly and long DH runs out there but shuttling can be a bit tricky. If you're interested in checking that place out hit me up and I'll get you in touch with some of the locals who can let ya know when they do a shuttle day. Other wise you might get about 2-3 runs in for a day of hiking and biking.

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 6:53 Quote
collin7 wrote:
I know I am digging up an old thread, but I am always looking for guys to ride with in GA!

My parents live in GA near Big Creek, I go to school in Clemson, and right now I am working in Nashville.

Anyone feel free to hit me up any time if you are near Nashville and want some cool freeride spots to ride. I know of a couple around here. Also, there is a new DH in Chattanooga, in the early stages. Next semester I will be back in Clemson... riding every weekend, all over the southeast.

Also hit me up if you want to do a trip out west or to snowshoe... I am dying to do something like that.

Where is the DH trail in Chattanooga you are talkingabout? I'm only a couple of hours over into NC... Also only about 1:15 hours from Carters Lake too, so I ride there every now and then. Just need a shuttle partner haha.

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 7:58 Quote
he's reffering to the trials traning center. http://trialstrainingcenter.com/

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 at 9:14 Quote
TTC is fun as hell, steepest and longest DH trails south of Knoxville !

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 7:26 Quote
Do you have to pay a daily ride fee or anything? Also, are there general cross-country trails nearby as well?

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 7:32 Quote
johnragon wrote:
Do you have to pay a daily ride fee or anything? Also, are there general cross-country trails nearby as well?

I believe they do charge a fee at the TTC now but I can't remember how much. As for XC near by, if you drive maybe another 20 mins you can get to Raccoon Mountain... the trails there are some of my favorite in the south east. Great views and lots of variety in the trails. I also think you can ride some XC in the TTC but not too sure how many trails there are.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 18:01 Quote
$10 fee at TTC, people usually have shuttles there on the weekend....and there aren't really any xc trails. Raccon Mountain, TN and Five points, GA. are epic all mountain and xc spots

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 8:35 Quote
Hey I joined pinkbike several months ago but never actually posted until day, I just got back into bmx/dirt jumps around early 2011, I live in marietta, I only have one other friend that rides and he doesnt even ride that much so if anyone ever wants to ride, whether its dirt/street/park whatever, give me a holler, Ive also been working on a set of jumps by my house, there a couple pics on my profile, there will be more later, but its starting to get to a point where its pretty fun to ride

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
blankets creek in woodstock has alot of XC and opened up a DH run as well. It is a lot of fun, not super technical, good for all beginner/intermediate, couple big DJ's. Ride out there all the time, just mostly XC. But occasionally will run the DH all day.Clemson is awesome, have been up there before and its deff worth the ride. tons of diferent stuff and its all well built. Big Creek is probably best for big/technical stuff within or around woodstock area. Just my opinion of course.

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 7:41 Quote
I live in Columbus ga. Try bear creek in Ellijay, or Blankets creek in the Woodstock/ canton area

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018810
Mobile Version of Website