Post up your KHS!!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post up your KHS!!
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:
White is good as an accent color. After looking and looking at the 09 Lucky 7, I realize that it's absolutely blinding. I may trade in my AM1000 for the 08 Lucky 7 at the shop, but i don't feel like losing the money I spent on getting my AM1000 where it is now. If they let me swap out parts and let me switch over everything I upgraded onto the Lucky 7 then I'd definitely do it. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Just trade it for the lucky 7. The lucky 7 already has great parts. The only thing you'd need to change is the shock, to a dhx 5.0 and add a chain guide.

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
photo

There's my DJ 50 now. I managed to get it under 30lbs. Still not light enough though.

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
What are you going for weight wise? Don't wanna go too light, it is a dirt jumper after all...

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
27-28 pounds seems to be the ideal weight for me.

*EDIT* Heres the final update for the DJ50. The last time it was weighed it rang in at 29.02lbs. So to drop a few more pounds I switched to a narrower handlebar as well as a lighter rear tire. The tire weighs over .5lbs less than the previous tire so it should be in the 28lbs range which was my goal. So without further adieu, here is the final product.

photo

On top of that I have also ordered a new rear shock for my AM1000. Should be getting a new Marzocchi Roco TST-R just after New Years. Then I should be officially done with both bikes (Finally!). Well enjoy the picture. Merry Christmas to all.

*EDIT 2* That is not actually the final product but very well close. I'll take a picture of it now to show you.

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 at 13:41 Quote
Here she is. The ACTUAL final project.

photo

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
just finished <Photo does not exist: 2929671>

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
I finally completed my AM 1000.

photo

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:

photo

i was just looking at a pic of that thing earlier. things sick man. I can't believe it doesn't look raked out with that tall of a fork on it. Do you know what the head tube angle is off the top of your head?

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
bkraft wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:

photo

i was just looking at a pic of that thing earlier. things sick man. I can't believe it doesn't look raked out with that tall of a fork on it. Do you know what the head tube angle is off the top of your head?

Thanks but unfortunately I have no idea what the angle is. I'm sure its not too slack though,I think the headtube will hold up to DH racing in the summer. If not then it'll go out with a bang lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
It is raked... I'd go for a new frame if i were you, you have some great parts on their just the frame is lacking.

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
lol well it's raked, but the forks aren't like out 2 ft in front of the frame lol. My Fr1500 is 67 degrees, and they told me i'd be ok with a 7 inch, hence i have an old marz jr. t instead of a set of 888's. lol basically i'm just going to do the same thing. ride it till it breaks, then get something new.

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
damn lol mine look raked. looks like a damn chopper. maybe it's the angle hold on...yeah it's raked a little but not as bad as the pic makes it look lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
bkraft wrote:
damn lol mine look raked. looks like a damn chopper. maybe it's the angle hold on...yeah it's raked a little but not as bad as the pic makes it look lol
The picture doesn't really make it look that raked either. I may just lower my 888's to 7 inches. I could go for 66's but I like the increase of stability from double crowns. Plus they just look so much better than single crowns lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:
The picture doesn't really make it look that raked either. I may just lower my 888's to 7 inches. I could go for 66's but I like the increase of stability from double crowns. Plus they just look so much better than single crowns lol
i know it, i talked to the guy at Marz, and he told me to try the 66, after going to double crowns i couldn't go back. hey did you put a longer i2i shock on yours?

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
bkraft wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:
i know it, i talked to the guy at Marz, and he told me to try the 66, after going to double crowns i couldn't go back. hey did you put a longer i2i shock on yours?

Good eye, I went from a 7.5 x 2.0 to a 7.875 x 2.25.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019653
Mobile Version of Website