the fastest you have ever gone on your bmx bike

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
the fastest you have ever gone on your bmx bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
i just did 47mph and im pumped! whats your fastest?

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
bmx 40mph, (road bike 57mph, xc hardtail 46mpg, full sus :-(32mph) 40 on a bmx is scarey!

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
cjmcbrierty wrote:
bmx 40mph, (road bike 57mph, xc hardtail 46mpg, full sus :-(32mph) 40 on a bmx is scarey!
i skitched on a truck and i was shittin my pants. ive hit 34 pedaling.

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
i did it down a HUGE road hill, measured it with gps, thought i was going to die! Target this year is 62mph (100kph) on the road bike!!!

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
im sorry i dont know the exact speed (im guessing 35-40) but it was on a steep road, and i was brakelessSmile

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
40 mph down a huge hill which comes to a crossroads at the end is pretty sketchy...

epspecially brakeless...the scariest part was tryin to stop Razz

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
common people! it may not be cool how fast you can go on a bmx bike, but 30+ is legit fukin fast on a bmx bike! lets hear your stories!

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
homeslab60 wrote:
common people! it may not be cool how fast you can go on a bmx bike, but 30+ is legit fukin fast on a bmx bike! lets hear your stories!

Hate to break it to you but i don't think there's to many people that ride around with spedometers on their bikes.

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
homeslab60 wrote:

Hate to break it to you but i don't think there's to many people that ride around with spedometers on their bikes.
i dont but its easy to judge speed if you bike for long enough. and the only reason i know how fast i was going is because i was skitching my friends truck and he told me

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
on a 16" wheel lil crappy one: 35km/h

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
Have you guys actually clocked your speed or are you guessing? 40mph on a bmx is f*cking fast, you cannot acheive that by simply rolling down a hill. My best friend races road bikes and she says the average is 40 to 50mph down a hill for them while pedaling. Plus I've held onto a car while on my bmx and as soon as we hit about 40 kmp/h my bike was unstable and squirrely as hell, had to let go. And no I don't have a cheap bmx.

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
Kbone wrote:
Have you guys actually clocked your speed or are you guessing? 40mph on a bmx is f*cking fast, you cannot acheive that by simply rolling down a hill. My best friend races road bikes and she says the average is 40 to 50mph down a hill for them while pedaling. Plus I've held onto a car while on my bmx and as soon as we hit about 40 kmp/h my bike was unstable and squirrely as hell, had to let go. And no I don't have a cheap bmx.

yes you can, i came back to the hill i mentioned before (this time with a mountain bike) and i wasn't going as fast as i was on the bmx, and it clocked 36 mph.

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
Kbone wrote:

yeah i was skitching a mates car...basically its a long flat road then a big hill which merges into two lanes...when we hit the top of the hill i let go of the bike at 35 and by the time i came to stopping he was in the lane directly beside me sittin at just over 40 and i was staying at the same speed...thats how i calculated it anywayz ... dont know about anyone else...

its pretty scary but GREAT fun...scary when your front wheel starts to wobble Razz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010301
Mobile Version of Website