Transition Bottlerocket or Giant Glory 0 fr?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Transition Bottlerocket or Giant Glory 0 fr?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
i was trying to decide between the giant glory 0 or the transition bottlerocket. ive done a bit of digging but i thought an opinion from poeple who ride them would be usefull. soo yeah.

one other thing. dont just sorta say. "no defenitly not. the ______ is obviosly a better bike" that really doesnt get much done. soo try to support ur opinion and like tell me why. BTW im like 5'7 ish and i weigh like 120 something. i do mostly dirtjump freeride no downhilling really. uhh and i plan to ride some slopstyle courses this year. i need the extra travel because our jumps are gettin a bit big for my hardtail.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
ok, well to tell you upfront, i work at a shop that carries the giants, and i love the glory. SO im not trying to be biased, but go for the glory. The thing that the glory has that the BR dosent have is the Maestro suspension. The three pluses that set Maestro apart are the result of careful placement of four key pivot points that neutralise both pedalling and braking forces, so it allows the suspension to remain fully active over all types of terrain. The Transitions dont have anything like it. So if you want to be in more control over your bike, and not the opposite... go GIANT. well thats my 2 cents

ride hard.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
i think that the giant would be heavier because its more of a downhill bike. the transition is more slopestyleish

btw where do you ride in london that you need a slopestyle bike for? meadowlily?

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
It all depends wat you are looking for. The giant will definitely be a heavier bike but having ridden both of them the giant will feel way more plush. So the giant=heavy and plush and the br=light but stiff

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
tj u prob do more slopestyle then downhill hill in london plus its nice doing jumps on a bottlerocket it smooth and easy to whip on ,, the glory would prob be if u did more downhill cause if ur just goin to meadowlily and the other spot then just stick with a bottlerocket or maby a specialized sx

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
i ride my sx everywhere its good for slopestyle and i do street on it too

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
so it doesnt matter or maby a kona bass

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 7:45 Quote
yeah. thats what ive been thinking. i plan on building my BR next year. im thinkin of putting some deity cranks bars and a stem. i would defenatly get the fox DHX 5.0 air. cuz putting a big heavy coil on somthing like a bottlerocket just doesnt fit if u ask me.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
i think the dhx air is heavier ,but the dhx 5.0 would be better for freeride get deity bar and stem,,e thirteen chainguide, x9 shifter and rear derailer, saint cranks,avid code disc brakes and ect

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
CowanBandit wrote:
i think the dhx air is heavier ,but the dhx 5.0 would be better for freeride get deity bar and stem,,e thirteen chainguide, x9 shifter and rear derailer, saint cranks,avid code disc brakes and ect
The dhx air is a fair bit lighter than the coil

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
get the bottlerocket i think they are better for freeride

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
im gonna have to say.....screw the bottlerocket and get a nice, used '07 Hoffman Rhythm EL2. i hear you can get one from this super sick guy in Anten Mills, Ontario for like...400 bucks! if you ask me, thats a WAY better deal than the bottlerocket.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 1:11 Quote
mmdgirard wrote:
im gonna have to say.....screw the bottlerocket and get a nice, used '07 Hoffman Rhythm EL2. i hear you can get one from this super sick guy in Anten Mills, Ontario for like...400 bucks! if you ask me, thats a WAY better deal than the bottlerocket.
haha mithc, u and ur advertising or watever the word is that im looking for

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
killer-miller wrote:
mmdgirard wrote:
haha mithc, u and ur advertising or watever the word is that im looking for
HUSTLIN'!!

i think....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014022
Mobile Version of Website