Whats the stupidest thing you've done? (Bike Related)

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Whats the stupidest thing you've done? (Bike Related)
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
i went to ghosty mi bike and forgot to jump off it and went flying

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
crashed on a rock garden with no gear... not amusing.

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
Me - fakie down steps

My mate - Use a belt sander for wood to sand down his frame. (what a dick)

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
kawiracer52 wrote:
bought a kona
a think alot of people regret making that decision Razz

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
1: Tried a front flip off a little kicker when I was like 11 on a cheap ass walmart bike, I did half of it. tup

2: Went to go off like a 10ft high concrete thing behind the bleachers at my old school (my first attemt of a drop), pussied out right at the end but didn't slow down fast enough and just sorta fell over my handlebars and landed face first into the asphalt, one whole side of my face was raw Two-Face (like that); it's a bitch when you can't eat without tearing the the scab on the side of your face. I later found out after I tried it again that if I would have just kept going I would've made it the first time. Facepalm

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 18:42 Quote
went biking in the pooring rain a few years ago when I first started MTB'ing. was ok until it started raining harder, couldn't see and biked straight into a pole. hit my knee hard and in a minute it swelled up A LOT and was a painfull bike ride home. also wasn't fun walking around at school.. my knee was purple for a week or more. I never bike in the rain.. just that one time, haha

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
Henry2435 wrote:
1: Tried a front flip off a little kicker when I was like 11 on a cheap ass walmart bike, I did half of it. tup

2: Went to go off like a 10ft high concrete thing behind the bleachers at my old school (my first attemt of a drop), pussied out right at the end but didn't slow down fast enough and just sorta fell over my handlebars and landed face first into the asphalt, one whole side of my face was raw Two-Face (like that); it's a bitch when you can't eat without tearing the the scab on the side of your face. I later found out after I tried it again that if I would have just kept going I would've made it the first time. Facepalm

lol seems painfull

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
Henry2435 wrote:

lol seems painfull
Yeah wasn't one of my best moments.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
ha i just remembered something recent.... it wasnt cool! i was on a pond that was SUPPOSED to be frozon.. people were skating in the middle with a hockey net slappin the old rubba around and i was riding a little wallmart piece of poo on it with spike tires i made myself and i rode over to the part were water enters the pond (a minni river) and i forgot moving water doesent freeze......i fell through LUKILY i didnt go down in the water but i did preatty much lose the bike and when i was all wet and muddy with a bike halfway in the ice some babes walked by and just started laughing at me and came and asked me if i need help!!!!! and the people that were skating just looked at me like i ruined thier ice

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
i tried riding down the up escalater in a mall on my giant (fell off the side to a drop of like 15 feet on my ass))

hurt like a b*tch

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
vexcom wrote:
i tried riding down the up escalater in a mall on my giant (fell off the side to a drop of like 15 feet on my ass))

hurt like a b*tch
what mall was that where you were allowed to ride a bike in it

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
kawiracer52 wrote:
vexcom wrote:

hurt like a b*tch

i wasnt alowed but did any way so i guess i had it comin

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
vexcom wrote:
kawiracer52 wrote:
vexcom wrote:

hurt like a b*tch

i wasnt alowed but did any way so i guess i had it comin
*rebel*

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
The other day I was riding home with a mate from a day out, I slackened off my brake as it was rubbing on the rotor and making the ride very slow.
Then we started getting followed by these two kids on bikes and I felt the urge to show off a good ol' manual.
So I stopped, quickly moved my pads in so my brake worked (but obviously it didn't work enough), started doing a long manual then it went too high, pulled my brake and it didn't work as well as usual due to the quick set-up and I started to fall off sideways and my thigh caught on my tyre and got pulled under my seat.
My wheel is slammed so it rather hurt having my thigh pulled into a 2" gapMadder

Also took a run-up to a jump to show off infront of some Jehovis wittnesses that were walking round where I live but as I went round a corner to the straight towards the jump my pedal caught on the ground.
Kind of did a nose manual and smashed my knee on my bars.
Felt like a right twatEvil

I think I would hurt myself faaaaaaaaaar less if I stopped trying to show offlol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.099679
Mobile Version of Website