• Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
if ur really serious about makin one u should get a full body harness

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
zune wrote:
dancallahan wrote:
for the guy above

do they go around your chest too?

im very interested in doing this. we have a tire swing in our yard and i could just sub the tire for the harness and move the rope over more

I don't actually know, I think your best bet would to go to a rock climbing store or a store like that and Fool around with it. Sure, you would look like an ass hat trying to put a harness over your chest or what ever. The people would also think that you are special, and would try and help you out too.

EDIT: You could probably make it go around your chest, but the only bad thing about that is that the rope may be in your face...
Maybe trying to put it on backwards so it goes to your back. 2 cents

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
zune wrote:
dancallahan wrote:
for the guy above

do they go around your chest too?

im very interested in doing this. we have a tire swing in our yard and i could just sub the tire for the harness and move the rope over more

I don't actually know, I think your best bet would to go to a rock climbing store or a store like that and Fool around with it. Sure, you would look like an ass hat trying to put a harness over your chest or what ever. The people would also think that you are special, and would try and help you out too.

EDIT: You could probably make it go around your chest, but the only bad thing about that is that the rope may be in your face...
Maybe trying to put it on backwards so it goes to your back. 2 cents

I thought about that earlier but never posted it. Thanks anywaysBig Grin

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
ill make a post on how i make it once i do 1-2 weeks

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
bike25 wrote:
ill make a post on how i make it once i do 1-2 weeks
Sweet! do it!

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
thats a great idea but instead of using that duct tape contraption as a harness it would be way better to use one of these. You can get tham at home depot for about $40. It's what I use at work. There's ropes and lanyards made specifially to use with this harness as well.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://secure.mycart.net/product_images/catalog27359/constructionHarness.jpg

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013609
Mobile Version of Website