Home Made Bikes

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 4:56 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Ok, i had a chat with my teacher today we discussed the option of using steel or alloy tubing cut to size and then machining it on a lathe to get the exacting standards, these pieces will then be tig welded together and thus making the lugs, we also said we would machine the brake mount as it is possible on the basic CNC machine we have and then just make some drop out lugs where i can just use nukeproofs dropouts to swap over or stantons drop outs, the tubing will be bought somewhere and then the chainstays and seatstays will be made by 3D printing the moulds on the 3D printer and then using pre preg ( I think) where we put the carbon material in and then apply the resin and the next layer of carbon, and finally lackering them... the cable guides will be made of a slim carbon tube cut in half and glued to the frame.

I think that's it Salute

EDIT:

It wil all be drawn on solid works first and then most of the parts will be sent from the drawing to the machine without having to draw them out again.

Have had plans for a while now on TIGing up some steel lugs and carbon tubes for a road bike, so will be interesting to see how you get on.

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 6:12 Quote
Check out Demon_Frameworks on Instagram.
He fillet brazes an entire frame then cuts it up to make lugs. Wizard status

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
prophet413 wrote:

That. Is insane Drool . Literally the coolest thing I've seen in a looong time, cant beat a nice intricate set of lugs

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 13:54 Quote
prophet413 wrote:

Yeah follow him on Instagram, next level stuff

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 14:18 Quote
Shit wow, madm3chanic that's insane, will be buying that soon then and possibly using it and modifying for final thing or even just for proto typing, but will see looks cool as... With regards to the pre preg stays, that will still cost around £250 for a proper kit but will see if I can bodge one up at school

Will be keeping you guys posted so if I do do dome lugs and carbon tubing I will post it in here don't worries Salute

Damn that demon guy is insane Drool that's a hell of an undertaking though Salute

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 15:03 Quote
prophet413 wrote:

should post that on the craziest bikes thread, that guy is awesome.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 8:01 Quote
just stumbled across this, thought it might be worth sharing:
http://www.henryjames.com/true-temper-bike-tubing/true-temper-bike-frame-kits.html

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 10:40 Quote
Great interview w/ demon frameworks here:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/04/04/interview-tom-warmerdam-demon-frameworks/

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 23:56 Quote
Hey Everyone,

Not the best first post.... but I am wondering if anyone knows a supplier of Headtubes, drop outs etc, located in Canada?

I know I can get tubes from Aircraft spruce, but actual frame components from USA carry a very hefty exchange rate, shipping fees, handling fees, and duties.

Help is much appreciated.

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 0:05 Quote
letoy2 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Not the best first post.... but I am wondering if anyone knows a supplier of Headtubes, drop outs etc, located in Canada?

I know I can get tubes from Aircraft spruce, but actual frame components from USA carry a very hefty exchange rate, shipping fees, handling fees, and duties.

I believe nova is in Canada. Not sure if paragon was us or Canada.

Edit: nope, both us.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
letoy2 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Marinoni has a little bit, but mostly for road stuff. Located in Montreal. I personnaly always order from Paragon or Nova. If you dont live too far from the border check for a delivery center in USA. I live only an hour from the border and save a ton on shipping (even when calculating gas and time!)

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
letoy2 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Just order online from Nova. No suppliers of proper tubes in Canada.

Aircraft Spruce has you covered for straight gauge.

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 14:41 Quote
I found it super hard to fit in two shocks into this frame.
It turned into a real behemoth.

Now time to build it.

photo

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 14:42 Quote
What actually is the point of two shocks?

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 14:44 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
What actually is the point of two shocks?
So when I show up with it at work and lock it up beside all the bikes with coffee holders and rear view mirrors it will look just that much more dominant.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.071244
Mobile Version of Website