Home Made Bikes

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 12:10 Quote
Anyone know of any software that will output tube mitre templates?

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 13:03 Quote
Any UK suppliers of dummy axles? Found lots overseas but I'm trying to save on postage cost, looking for 148x12. Contacted The Bicycle Academy but havnt got a reply yet.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
I think rattleCAD has a function for it IIRC

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:

Draw tubes as sheetmetal in 3D modelling software then flat pattern. Will be able to do tapered headtube junctions and all the tricky stuff too.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
http://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle-frame-tubing/Tabbed-Tube-Notcher.html

Nova has the function on their website.

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 0:26 Quote
BikeRider3 wrote:
Any UK suppliers of dummy axles? Found lots overseas but I'm trying to save on postage cost, looking for 148x12. Contacted The Bicycle Academy but havnt got a reply yet.

I made this one for Paragon dropouts tonight. A lot faster than lathing one down:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7Eo-7bDLGJg/WeWDSJSZkgI/AAAAAAAAFRE/PkhZTJsSMLYUaqf2BiUHkd0NtixNSjcnACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0220.JPG

It was an old Marzocchi QR20 that just happened to be 148mm (I'm betting many of the other 110X20mm thru axles were the same, perhaps longer). The slots of the Paragon drops are 20mm exactly and they sit snug on the axle without having to use more than an old QR skewer or threaded rod to pinch them in place.

It could use some set screws (one on each side) to ensure that the slots are in phase

I used gyro tabs as anchors for a kind of QR adjustment. I can make some collars to prohibit side to side movement or lathe a slot in the middle of the axle. But it will work fine as is, as long as I use the calipers to check before welding.

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 11:06 Quote
Hello !

I've been playing with linkage software. As it is my first design could you please tell me what you think about this results ? It is a 27,5" DH bike, horst link suspension.

Thanks !

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 11:17 Quote
kt1stp0 wrote:
Hello !

I've been playing with linkage software. As it is my first design could you please tell me what you think about this results ? It is a 27,5" DH bike, horst link suspension.

Thanks !

Good.

What are anti -squat and -rise values?

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 11:54 Quote
Thanks for your reply
Here are the anti-squat and rise :

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:26 Quote
kt1stp0 wrote:
Thanks for your reply
Here are the anti-squat and rise :

I like it. I would prefer more consistency, but it is consistently falling in both respects. That looks predictable.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:30 Quote
That's a lot of antisquat. Especially for a DH bike.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
That's a lot of antisquat. Especially for a DH bike.

Giant Glory is like 275% anti squat in last cog and has great reviews for pedaling, until the last two cogs.

155% at sag is good.

He has nearly no chain growth up top.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:42 Quote
Last cog isn't really that relevant seeing as I only have the 32/15 here to compare, but the Glory's antisquat drops much faster, down to 100% at 90mm travel. It's interesting this has so little chaingrowth considering that though so maybe it's not a huge problem. I'd be interested to see pedal kickback.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 15:42 Quote
#bikenerdstothefullest.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021655
Mobile Version of Website