Hope Pro 2 Hubs

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro 2 Hubs
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
I am just wondering what size the flange is on a front Hope pro 2 hub because I have a UK 2007 Giant STP 1 and want to change the hub without having to change the spokes. Anyone know? Thanks, James.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
Fly-boy wrote:
I am just wondering what size the flange is on a front Hope pro 2 hub because I have a UK 2007 Giant STP 1 and want to change the hub without having to change the spokes. Anyone know? Thanks, James.

Dude, no offence but thats stupid.

Re-building a hub onto the same spokes is a bad idea full stop. The wheel will never be as strong as it should, and would be if you got new spokes.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
So what size spokes will I need then?

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:32 Quote
go on to the dt swiss spoke calculator !
the hope pro2 hub sizes are already on there !

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
Also fly-boy, your 14, and not many 14 year olds know how to build wheels. Infact a good many people dont know how to build wheels. I'm guessing you dont know how to build wheels ect. If i were you order your hubs through your LBS and get them to lace them on to your rim for you. They will probly end up giving you a discount Smile

Also if they are going onto stock STP rims, id save up and buy some new rims aswell.

You can get a pretty good custom of CRC ect. these days for a good price. What ever hub/rim you want and they will build them up for you aswell.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
fortune wrote:
Also fly-boy, your 14, and not many 14 year olds know how to build wheels. Infact a good many people dont know how to build wheels. I'm guessing you dont know how to build wheels ect. If i were you order your hubs through your LBS and get them to lace them on to your rim for you. They will probly end up giving you a discount Smile

Also if they are going onto stock STP rims, id save up and buy some new rims aswell.

You can get a pretty good custom of CRC ect. these days for a good price. What ever hub/rim you want and they will build them up for you aswell.
I was going to buy a front wheel with hope hub but they are all out of stock and also I know someone who will build it for me for free.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
ok, make sure you get the right size spokes. dt swiss have a good spoke calculater...or you could ask your LBS

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
Oh and also, they don't have the rim I have on it so I'll have to ask my LBS.

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
Fly-boy wrote:
nutty247 wrote:
do just google : *rim name* erd .
then type the number in and then use the pro 2 stats in the claculator ! simple if you use a brain !
and to whoever mentioned about 14yrs old building wheels !
i learnt a while ago (when i was 14!) so there Wink
i build all my mates wheels and my own Smile

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
Fly-boy wrote:
nutty247 wrote:
do just google : *rim name* erd .
then type the number in and then use the pro 2 stats in the claculator ! simple if you use a brain !
and to whoever mentioned about 14yrs old building wheels !
i learnt a while ago (when i was 14!) so there Wink
i build all my mates wheels and my own Smile

Please not the word many in my above post. I didnt say all, but the majourity dont. You just said you built your mates wheels ect. which means your one in a group of people...hence not many people our age can build wheels, but there are some people who do no how do to it Smile

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
yer i know what you were saying just proving that there are some decent 14/15 yr olds these days .......

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
im 15 and i can build wheels... but i also work at a bike shop

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
lol, now knowing my luck...every second 14-16year old who clicks on this thread will end up nowing how to build wheels lol

But yeah... in general how many of your riding buddys now how to build wheels? out of mine only 1.

anyways I think we are side lining this thread.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
most of my friends that work at shops know how to build wheels

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
MartinMassel wrote:
most of my friends that work at shops know how to build wheels

Dude, point is you work at Bike shop. Id hope a mechanic who worked at a shop new how to build a set of wheels.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011651
Mobile Version of Website