Hope Pro 2 Hubs

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro 2 Hubs
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
The 10mm bolt on version has a threaded fixed spindle that you screw a bolt on either side of the hub to secure the wheel (the bolts are supplied by Hope and will come with the hub). The Saint version has a non-threaded fixed spindle that you must pass a 10mm axle through, similar to a QR (the axle does not come with the hub).

If you are planning on using the hanger banger that comes with the stock Demo, then you will want the Saint version and you will just use the 10mm axle and hanger banger that is supplied with the stock Demo. If you are not using the hanger banger then I would suggest getting the 10mm bolt version as it will save you some weight and is a little more secure.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
The 10mm bolt on version has a threaded fixed spindle that you screw a bolt on either side of the hub to secure the wheel (the bolts are supplied by Hope and will come with the hub). The Saint version has a non-threaded fixed spindle that you must pass a 10mm axle through, similar to a QR (the axle does not come with the hub).

If you are planning on using the hanger banger that comes with the stock Demo, then you will want the Saint version and you will just use the 10mm axle and hanger banger that is supplied with the stock Demo. If you are not using the hanger banger then I would suggest getting the 10mm bolt version as it will save you some weight and is a little more secure.
got it thanks for clearing that up for me. i think ill go for the saint(its almost 40 bucks cheaper)

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
dhdemo840 wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

got it thanks for clearing that up for me. i think ill go for the saint(its almost 40 bucks cheaper)

sorry if this is completly worng but its what i found when i was looking for a pro 2 the 10mm bolt up is two male bolts that screw into the female axel were as the saint 10mm bolt is a 10mm bolt throguh axle that screws directly into the derailer so if you have an old axle mounted saint derailer it will be fine
what demo frame have you got that needs a 10mm axel?

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
All I hear about Hopes is them breaking.

They're super loud, which is kinda nice, but that fad is wearing off for me.

The few Hopes I've ridden all skipped at least once when I rode them.

I like the King ring drive more. The more pressure on it, the less likely it is to skip.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
large-ugly-greeny wrote:

sorry if this is completly worng but its what i found when i was looking for a pro 2 the 10mm bolt up is two male bolts that screw into the female axel were as the saint 10mm bolt is a 10mm bolt throguh axle that screws directly into the derailer so if you have an old axle mounted saint derailer it will be fine

...try again.

the 10mm bolt on pro 2 is as said above.

the one you're thinking of is the 10mm "saint" pro 2, which comes ready to mount a saint derailleur.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
large-ugly-greeny wrote:

Demos have a 135x10mm rear, hence the 10mm axle.

I think we are both saying basically the same thing, except I mentioned that the axle on the Saint version will screw into the stock derailleur hanger banger instead of a Saint derailleur. I've had both of the versions as seen in the pics below (except I used a 10mm Transition axle with my Saint version).

The "female axle" as you describe it is called a spindle as per Hope (please see my description in my previous post).

Saint version with 10mm Transition axle:

<Deleted photo>

10mm Bolt-on version (see bolt on floor and in hub on non-driveside)

<Deleted photo>

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
how do you take the cassette body off to get at the pcs and bearings?

photo

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
william4269 wrote:

Go to Rebuild Hope Pro 2 rear video:

http://www.hopetechusa.com/page_mep_force_4.html

As per the difference between the Saint and 10mm Bolt on I decided to take a few pics. The main difference is that there are no threads inside the spindle of the Saint version and there are threads insode the spindle of the 10mm bolt-on version

Saint version (first 3 pics):

<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>

10mm Bolt-on version:

<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 18:03 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
william4269 wrote:

Go to Rebuild Hope Pro 2 rear video:

http://www.hopetechusa.com/page_mep_force_4.html

As per the difference between the Saint and 10mm Bolt on I decided to take a few pics. The main difference is that there are no threads inside the spindle of the Saint version and there are threads insode the spindle of the 10mm bolt-on version

Saint version (first 3 pics):

<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>

10mm Bolt-on version:

<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>
Did that axel on the saint version come with the hub?
and i think ill go for the bolt on. Easy way to looses a little weight i guess

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 18:15 Quote
i highly doubt this but is there any way to get a bolt through axle for a front pro 2? not a QR i have it as a 9mm QR right now but i want to know if you can get some sort of bolt through for it, once again i doubt it but id thought id ask thanks guys

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
dhdemo840 wrote:
Did that axel on the saint version come with the hub?
and i think ill go for the bolt on. Easy way to looses a little weight i guess

No, the one shown is a 10mm Transition axel.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
justhitit wrote:
i highly doubt this but is there any way to get a bolt through axle for a front pro 2? not a QR i have it as a 9mm QR right now but i want to know if you can get some sort of bolt through for it, once again i doubt it but id thought id ask thanks guys

Not that I have seen.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 4:09 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:

I like the King ring drive more. The more pressure on it, the less likely it is to skip.
+1
pro 2's= FAIL
they realy do suck buut they sound nice
im sure people buy them because of volume

and the ring drive is awsome
but the ck standard axles arnt verry strong lol

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:

+1
pro 2's= FAIL
they realy do suck buut they sound nice
im sure people buy them because of volume

and the ring drive is awsome
but the ck standard axles arnt verry strong lol

they hardly suck when their one of the most popular hubs :S

you may only just hear of them braking because the sheer volume of them that exist!.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
Nahhh, Pro 2's are good, lots of people i know run them, me included. Sure they have their problems, i took my freehub off last week (shamefully, i had neglected to do this for over a year Redface ) two of the freehub bearings were seized to the axle, as was a spacer and two of the pawl springs were snapped. Got everything off, cleaned it up, fitted new pawls and springs and good as new. Very simple to service and wouldnt have been half as hard if id taken the time to maintain beforehand! Out of sight out of mind i guess.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023521
Mobile Version of Website