Hope Pro 2 Hubs

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro 2 Hubs
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
With the alumium bodies you are meant to use pcg970 sram cassettes and above for sram and xt and above cassettes from shimano due to the metal and design of the xt as marquis posted and the metal used in the sram's

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
Haha im not to fussed about the weight... Im no skinny racer so dont see the point in shaving excess grams off, so long as the part lasts. Razz Thanks for your time!

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
Today I converted the hope trial SS to geared version with a 8 speed cassette.
Result?
4 gears using two spacers provided by Hope. Maybe using a 9 speed cassette with it will work better.
By the way, using a longer screw on the Low limit it will jam the High limit. You have to cut a bit of the arm where the screw touches (Sram X7).

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 0:11 Quote
joaovidal12 wrote:
Today I converted the hope trial SS to geared version with a 8 speed cassette.
Result?
4 gears using two spacers provided by Hope. Maybe using a 9 speed cassette with it will work better.
By the way, using a longer screw on the Low limit it will jam the High limit. You have to cut a bit of the arm where the screw touches (Sram X7).

nice one yer 9 speed will be easyer you just take 6 of the rings of and the apropreat spacers and it should all just fit on
on the other note ive just blown my hope pro 2 up for the second time this time on my road bike but not to worry got a set of chris king iso's in the post Big Grin

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 5:18 Quote
i have a question about the hope pro 2 , can i put a 12 t single speed on the hub??

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 5:38 Quote
Yes. The minimum is 11t.
But if you dont have a steel freehub body I would not recommend to convert it to SS.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 5:56 Quote
i want put a single speed kit like the gusset , i can puti it no?

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 6:01 Quote
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=single+speed+hope+pro+2

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 6:06 Quote
i dont want the hope pro 2 SINGLE SPEED i want the hope pro 2 (normal) and i wanted to know if i can put a 12 t

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 6:55 Quote
andrew-biker wrote:
i dont want the hope pro 2 SINGLE SPEED i want the hope pro 2 (normal) and i wanted to know if i can put a 12 t

like the guy above already said

pro2 freehub body is alloy and it will not fair well with single speed setups

if it has to be pro2 then you will have to get the stainless freehub body

but then you would know this if you read this thread

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=too+lazy+to+read

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 7:49 Quote
I have had my Hope pro 2 for a year now and they are amazing hubs, Never skipped. I have also been running a SINGLE SPEED kit on it. Recently took the sprocket off and the Freehub body looks un-touched.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 8:12 Quote
James116 wrote:
I have had my Hope pro 2 for a year now and they are amazing hubs, Never skipped. I have also been running a SINGLE SPEED kit on it. Recently took the sprocket off and the Freehub body looks un-touched.

sure un-touched if you never ride it (being a little unfair to you here Wink )

well mine died after 3 weeks

then the rma one died after 2 months (with stainless set)

back on my trusty bulbs and on both the pro2 stainless cassette body and the bulb one the smallest cogs of my xt cassette dig into the shell.

the alloy one was a joke.

and yes they are fitted correctly with anti seize balah balah

hope pro 2 are made of cheese IMO

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
IF you talk about the aluminium bolts and the alloy freehub being made of cheese I can uderstand you. But hope puts a label in every single hub package warning to fit a cassette with minimum spare cogs possible.

But for the whole hub being made of cheese there are 3 options and you fit in one:

» Bad experience with Hope hubs and never bother to try warranty (Hope has excellent customers service from what I heard)
» Bad hub ( It can happen ... In a 100 hubs sold if 5 breaks it isnt that bad).
However, Hope is known for a very good quality control.
» Too rich to buy a Hope and bought a Chris King instead Razz

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
joaovidal12 wrote:
IF you talk about the aluminium bolts and the alloy freehub being made of cheese I can uderstand you. But hope puts a label in every single hub package warning to fit a cassette with minimum spare cogs possible.

But for the whole hub being made of cheese there are 3 options and you fit in one:

» Bad experience with Hope hubs and never bother to try warranty (Hope has excellent customers service from what I heard)
» Bad hub ( It can happen ... In a 100 hubs sold if 5 breaks it isnt that bad).
However, Hope is known for a very good quality control.
» Too rich to buy a Hope and bought a Chris King instead Razz

you missunderstand; i have been using hope for brakes and hubs on all my dh bikes for the past 10 years and i will continue to do so (brakes at least)

just hope pro 2's are rubbish compared to my ten year old and 5 year old hope bulb sets

and yes i am considering chris king for my next ride Wink hadley is another

and yes hope after sales service is usually good and i did have a hope pro 2 rma'ed

consegues entender melhor agora?

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 3:17 Quote
i was just wondering if the flange diameters and the hub-center-to flange distance is the same for the Pro 2 trials/singlespeed compared to the "regular" pro 2?

gonna caculate the spoke length on the ol' DT swiss calculator and it only has the "regular" pro 2 hub listed - not the ss version Batman

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018941
Mobile Version of Website