final build! almost done....what do you think?????

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
final build! almost done....what do you think?????
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
nishnash wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
to save weight, get an LG1 instead of the STS,and a 36 talas instead of the 36 vanilla
wow people say im dumb, the float is the lightest of the bunch, and nice build i wish i had one

Yes, but it's hardly tough enough for the rigors of freeriding.

By your logic he should get XTR drivetrain-hey! it's super light!
ya i think i will stick with the 36 van

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
nishnash wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
to save weight, get an LG1 instead of the STS,and a 36 talas instead of the 36 vanilla
wow people say im dumb, the float is the lightest of the bunch, and nice build i wish i had one

Yes, but it's hardly tough enough for the rigors of freeriding.

By your logic he should get XTR drivetrain-hey! it's super light!

float 36, you do know those exist right and people use em for freeride
vans are nice though

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
sounds really good, but i dont think youll be a needing a 203mm rotor up front. go for a 180

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
nishnash wrote:
float 36, you do know those exist right and people use em for freeride
vans are nice though

Yes. And you know they aren't nearly as tough of a fork as the Talas or Vanilla?

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
really since when, i havent heard that?

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
This is from the experiences of the people at my LBS and my friends who own 36s.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
rwebb9- wrote:
sounds really good, but i dont think youll be a needing a 203mm rotor up front. go for a 180
anyone else think that? i am going to be doing a little dh too so what dose every one else think????

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
This is from the experiences of the people at my LBS and my friends who own 36s.
well thats interesting, i believe bearclaw uses one, anyway ide use the 203mm rotor,

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
nishnash wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
well thats interesting, i believe bearclaw uses one, anyway ide use the 203mm rotor,
ya we are done with this fight. i am geting the 36 van so thats that.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
if your going for weight weenie there might be some weight to be saved witht hat 203mm rotor? i dont know much about bike weights and such but it is rotational weight and i know that is th emost noticeable

but either way i love your build and wanna see some pics

btw you aren't going to notice the roatational weight of the rotors. They are close to the centre of the wheel so you won't notice it, its just simple physics haha. To notice the rotational weight you would have to change a rim or a tire/tube etc. sounds like a nice build Smile . O and don't get those sunline grips they are crap mine just crapped out on me, the locking thing doesn't work properly so the bar ends fall off Frown .

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
sorry bout that, umm yeh vans are really nice, and ide buy one if i could, aside from the slight weight over the talas since i see you prefer coil i think youd like em, which model are you getting the r or rc2

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
butters88 wrote:
blackXLabel13 wrote:
if your going for weight weenie there might be some weight to be saved witht hat 203mm rotor? i dont know much about bike weights and such but it is rotational weight and i know that is th emost noticeable

btw you aren't going to notice the roatational weight of the rotors. They are close to the centre of the wheel so you won't notice it, its just simple physics haha. To notice the rotational weight you would have to change a rim or a tire/tube etc. sounds like a nice build Smile . O and don't get those sunline grips they are crap mine just crapped out on me, the locking thing doesn't work properly so the bar ends fall off Frown .
I gues he should go with odi cant go wrong with those!!!

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
butters88 wrote:
blackXLabel13 wrote:

ya i already rode with the grips and noticed that!!!!

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
nishnash wrote:
sorry bout that, umm yeh vans are really nice, and ide buy one if i could, aside from the slight weight over the talas since i see you prefer coil i think youd like em, which model are you getting the r or rc2
probly the r inless i can come up with the extra cash for the rc2.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
butters88 wrote:
blackXLabel13 wrote:

if that is so then disregard my post
im still having trouble building a freeride dh bike let alone weights
happy riding!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024356
Mobile Version of Website