Noob needs some help with bike choice

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Noob needs some help with bike choice
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
Hey guys
I have recenctly gotten into biking and I like freeriding and dirtjumping pretty much the same amount. I don't have lots of money so I can only buy one bike. I hit about 10 foot drops when I freeride and I like to attack the hill, but I also hit around 10 foot dirt jump gaps. I need a bike that will be able to handle both of these, I am set on a hardtail but I need some suggestions. I was thinking about a Commencal Absolut?? Let me know what you think.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
Norco Six three, its a fully but it'll do you good.......

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
that thing is huge
plus i only have around 1300$

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
what about any norco freeride bikes because they can be used for dirt jumping and freeriding.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
DJer360 wrote:
what about any norco freeride bikes because they can be used for dirt jumping and freeriding.

I agree. The norco sasquatch it pretty sick.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
yea my friend has a norco sasquatch and i tried it out
but it didnt feel right, i dont know why i just didnt like it
and its a little more then i hoped to spend

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
DJer360 wrote:
thats a good idea acually

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
JORDO77 wrote:
yea my friend has a norco sasquatch and i tried it out
but it didnt feel right, i dont know why i just didnt like it
and its a little more then i hoped to spend

Maybe try a different size frame? this looks pretty sick to me, I would buy this for a freeride/dirt jump bike

http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/shore_hardtail/bigfoot.php

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
You can free ride a DJ bike but you will have a hard time jumping a free ride bike. Generally they are bigger and bigger does not translate well to DJs.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
that commencal absolut is a great choice, it has horizontal and vertical dropouts so you can change it to single speed later if you want, plus the frame is super strong, with its triweld stay, seatube, top tube, you'll never trash it!

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
yea but how well do you think it will do on a small freeride course
maximum 10 foot drops??

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
The Norco Freeride hardtails are great geometry for dirtjumping as long as you get the bike in a small or x-small size frame depending on how tall you are. I highly recommend them.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
http://devinci.com/11041_an.html

This would be awesome. The frame is handbuilt in canada and gauranteed for life. All it needs is a shorter stem and chain guide and your good to go!

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
ide get a p3 or if you can scrape up an extra 300 go with a flow dj. ide go against the devinci although they are nice bikes you will grow to hate the alivo setup, it suks its pretty good but it dont last long

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
nishnash wrote:
ide get a p3 or if you can scrape up an extra 300 go with a flow dj. ide go against the devinci although they are nice bikes you will grow to hate the alivo setup, it suks its pretty good but it dont last long

Ah I didn't see that. Alivio is garbage, it shouldn't even be on a mountain bike. They belong on leisure/commuter bikes.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012632
Mobile Version of Website