Noob needs some help with bike choice

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Noob needs some help with bike choice
O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
so true, and my advice get a dj bike, i regret getting the bike i did, every tim i sit on a dj bike im like i want this. yeh and the devincis are great, i rode one at my dj park, but alivos are a big nono

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
if you could find a hucker from last year you would be set, dont touch one from this year with a 10 foot pole, they are complete crap.

i agree with you on the norcos, they ride like crap, but they are one of the few companies that still produce a true free ride hardtail

what you have to ask yourself is which you will do more of and which you enjoy more, and also when u get your next bike.

i would suggest getting a solid street dj bike because it will be more versatile, and then when you have more money you can buy a proper free ride dually (you will want to) and that way you have a dirt jump bike and a free ride bike, not 2 free ride bikes

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
i want to reccomend the Norco Ryde. it would be f*cking great if dj was more of your focus. It does have gears for trails. I'm just not sure how many 10 foot drops that thing can do. ten feet is pretty big

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
drew44 wrote:
i want to reccomend the Norco Ryde. it would be f*cking great if dj was more of your focus.

tup

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
spag wrote:
if you could find a hucker from last year you would be set, dont touch one from this year with a 10 foot pole, they are complete crap.

i agree with you on the norcos, they ride like crap, but they are one of the few companies that still produce a true free ride hardtail

what you have to ask yourself is which you will do more of and which you enjoy more, and also when u get your next bike.

i would suggest getting a solid street dj bike because it will be more versatile, and then when you have more money you can buy a proper free ride dually (you will want to) and that way you have a dirt jump bike and a free ride bike, not 2 free ride bikes

This is my route. I just bought my devinci district, I'm being patient and waiting to save up the cash for a 2nd bike. ALthough waiting is very difficult!

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 5:14 Quote
ok so i was all set to buy a sasquatch
then all these new comments come in:P
i think im still gonna stick with the sasquatch and just get used to it
its pretty good all around bike
if anyone knows something i dont know about the sasquatch that would stop me from buying it, it would be nice if you let me know
thanks

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
SANTA CRUZ JACKAL!!
not sure how much itd cost to build up in ur currency but they are amazing
built as a dirt jump bike
strong enough for freeride
get sumthing like a pike nd ur completlly set

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 5:25 Quote
I'd definitely go with a commencal for 1300 you should be looking at buying a bike with a great frame and mediocre parts, that way you can upgrade as you get more cash. I think the commencal is exactly that. Shove a pike upfront maybe ss it and ur set.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 5:40 Quote
f00ddude wrote:
SANTA CRUZ JACKAL!!

This is true my mate races downhill on his Jackal and he thrashes the hell out of it it is a good strong frame but it might cost a bit to buil up. Sooooooooooo i guess you could look at the specialized p. series or the Giant stp seriesBig Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
unclebones wrote:
f00ddude wrote:
SANTA CRUZ JACKAL!!

This is true my mate races downhill on his Jackal and he thrashes the hell out of it it is a good strong frame but it might cost a bit to buil up. Sooooooooooo i guess you could look at the specialized p. series or the Giant stp seriesBig Grin

yeah! i almost forgot about the STP's. good geo, super light and i think you would like it

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
I would get a Cowan D.S. or just a Cowan

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
JORDO77 wrote:
ok so i was all set to buy a sasquatch
then all these new comments come in:P
i think im still gonna stick with the sasquatch and just get used to it
its pretty good all around bike
if anyone knows something i dont know about the sasquatch that would stop me from buying it, it would be nice if you let me know
thanks

they dirt jump like crap, you will never be fully satisfied if you get a sasquatch trust me

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
f00ddude wrote:
SANTA CRUZ JACKAL!!
+1, this guy knows what he's talking about. if i could only have one bike, this would be it
this or a small travel fully, like a norco xxxx, transition double, cowan ds, etc.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
yep i luv the jackals

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014478
Mobile Version of Website