Downhill Crankset Choice

PB Forum :: Downhill
Downhill Crankset Choice
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
Keit wrote:
karjim wrote:
if you want something light buy a shimano xt or fsa gravity light if you want something bomb proof buy any race face crankset

should read some the reviews of race face cranks on www.chainreactioncycles.com

completely irrelevant... when people have bad things to say about products, they can't seem to tell enough people how crappy their experience was...

how about all those people who are happy with their products? tell me, with every part all you riders are happy with, how many of you have actually made it your business to spread the word about how great something is? reviews online are ALWAYS biased... screw reviews...

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 1:33 Quote
Get some saints. They are super easy to fit and incredibly strong/durable. The race face stuff is good and looks nice but is a bit of a pain to fit and both the diabolus and atlas cranksets I have had creaked like hell.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
exetertim wrote:
karjim wrote:
if you want something light buy a shimano xt or fsa gravity light if you want something bomb proof buy any race face crankset

would get the Gravity Light, but i dont have £200 to spend.

Does anyone know where i measure from to get the right size for the cranks? (the bb size)
Measure the BB shell (width of BB on your bike). its either a 68/73/83...Not many bikes have a 83BB shell unless its a big DH bike.
okay thanks. Is that including the cups of the BB like the black ones on each side which screw into the frame, or w/o them?

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:10 Quote
exetertim wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
exetertim wrote:

would get the Gravity Light, but i dont have £200 to spend.

Does anyone know where i measure from to get the right size for the cranks? (the bb size)
Measure the BB shell (width of BB on your bike). its either a 68/73/83...Not many bikes have a 83BB shell unless its a big DH bike.
okay thanks. Is that including the cups of the BB like the black ones on each side which screw into the frame, or w/o them?

No Just the frame. No spacers cups or aything.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
plumslinger wrote:
exetertim wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

No Just the frame. No spacers cups or aything.
right then, i think it's a 73, but when you buy a 73, is it a 68 as well, because on CRC on some crankset's it has 68/73 then a seperate 83 one.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:27 Quote
I looked on the website and it is 83mm.
Click spec/info.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
ahh, i've got the 06 model, 'cause they didn't make them last year, and mines the year before. It may have changed, is there anywhere I can ring to see?

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 5:24 Quote
exetertim wrote:
ahh, i've got the 06 model, 'cause they didn't make them last year, and mines the year before. It may have changed, is there anywhere I can ring to see?

you shouldn't need to. Just turn you bike upside down. Get a ruler or tape measure and measure how wide it is. Just the frame.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
I had a set of Holzfellers and Diabolus, and I preferred the Race Face. They had a great BB, felt very smooth, and they had no hint of flex. Diabolus is heavier than the Truvativ, as mentioned, but they're so solid. I loved my Diabolus

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 3, 2013 at 21:39 Quote
what do you guys think about the x0 crank? never ridden it but they look pretty damn nice but anyone know how they perform or how strong they are?

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 8:31 Quote
They were used in WWII by the germans as their new choice of explosive grenades. Worked very effectively/...

Sram X.0

They aren't a bad choice. Durability and alright weight = Saints.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.073258
Mobile Version of Website