Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome
Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 7:06 Quote
Do you think I should go for the Ezra? I've never had a coaster before and want to try it out and the Ezra seems the best at the moment in my opinion.

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 7:36 Quote
Well Jamie (sj99) is the only person I've ever seen review the coaster and he says it skips, but my 3 year old federal v2 has been fine for me. The cult coaster is more than likely the best coaster out atm.

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 13:48 Quote
So many Jamie's on this site...
There was a rumour that Odyssey might have one in the works.

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
dr-salt wrote:
So many Jamie's on this site...
There was a rumour that Odyssey might have one in the works.

An Odyssey Jamie? Interesting. Wonder what the geo is like.

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 13:59 Quote
I'm dying right now.

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 16:23 Quote
My colony was my first one, has been fine up to a week again when my driver blew up which has been over a year, my Ezra does skip a bit but not a tonne, I bought a 2 year old federal v2 and that's still going strong but the cult is looking really good

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 11:38 Quote
Any news on a release date of the Eclat Coaster? I heard it was supposed to be out last month, but then saw an instavideo from Shane Weston last week saying he just laced up the "final" prototype.

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 12:18 Quote
dpitzer wrote:
Any news on a release date of the Eclat Coaster? I heard it was supposed to be out last month, but then saw an instavideo from Shane Weston last week saying he just laced up the "final" prototype.

I've heard sometime next year

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 14:59 Quote
More than likely won't be till january or later.

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 15:01 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:
More than likely won't be till january or later.

ittl be around june or so, there was alot of internal problems and the owner still wasnt happy even after it was looking promising.

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 23:03 Quote
Might as well post this here too..... Freecoaster trickery for your viewing pleasure:

Views: 3,936    Faves: 26    Comments: 8

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 8:01 Quote
Long time no post from anyone but a reply would be helpful. Got a female Federal V3 and I wanna run an FBM NDS Guard on it. How should I do it with covering up the 14mm axle bit completely?

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 8:11 Quote
jacobwymer wrote:
Long time no post from anyone but a reply would be helpful. Got a female Federal V3 and I wanna run an FBM NDS Guard on it. How should I do it with covering up the 14mm axle bit completely?
Unless you modify the guard, there really isn't a proper way. It's meant to slide over the hardware. It is possible to remove the lock nut but I wouldn't recommend doing it. You should try and avoid 3/8 female for peg use (in the rear) all together, but if you're going to use pegs on that hub, you should try to get your hands on the federal guard that's made for the coaster. It is meant to replace the lock nut so the 14mm bit is still in the dropout correctly.

Posted: Jan 26, 2014 at 8:22 Quote
jacobwymer wrote:

i ve got the same hub as you and couldnt get a hub guard to fit. so i just got a male axle as i got the female hub off here and then like any guard works. i am riding the daily grind guard now.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011753
Mobile Version of Website