prove me wrong or just let me know ur thoughts!!!!

PB Forum :: Kona
prove me wrong or just let me know ur thoughts!!!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
hi this is my first post in here and id really love to get into freeriding!! dont know what else to say about my self, well i have no bike but strongly considering 07 stinky! love how it look and thats very important for me and also lots of ppl say its a great bike but there r many of those who hates it! tell me ur opinion and why! im not rich and thinking that when i get better at riding it, instead of getting a new one ill just upgrade stinky. is it worth it ? PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STATE UR OPINION AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

bad ENG, im sorry

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
dont get that bike its not a good design lots of pedal bob and break jack ur best bet would be to gett a used demo 8 or demo 7 in my opinion they are great i just bought one and have been super impressed

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
oh thanks!! ill look into that ! does it have a potential of upgrading? and how much does it cost? 1500 is the line .

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
Price-wise, you can't really beat the Stinky.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
check out the buy-sell if 1500 is your budget. youll get wayy better components for the money,slightly used, but better than brand new for that price.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
^ thanks. did that already!! just that im a noob and dont really know alot about parts and stuff, any recomendation would be great!! and to be hones a bit scared to get it from someone online cuz 1500 is alot to me, if u know what i mean...

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
save up abotu 2000 ansd you can buy a used 2005 or 2006 demo 8 and you can upgrade it all you want but there is no need to it is an exelent bike

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
yeah id maybe do that but this will be my last toy and if i save up 2k or more ill probably use it for engagement rign Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
read around the forums and look on the buysells and compare components etc and that should give you an idea as to what components are good for what and so on. ive been doing that for a couple of months now and im just getting ready to buy my first frame to build up. funny enough its a stinky. id say go for the 2007 stinky if you have the cash to do so. IMO a first bike is a first bike and you will learn to use it with the flaws and all but you wont have developed any previous habits from another bike. so the pedal bob and brake jack wont be too much of a problem for him as he will get used to it. the learning will begin when he gets a second bike that solves those problems. so id say go for the stinky dude and welcome to freeriding.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
ok sounds like a plan !! yeah ive been looking around the forum too and will look more i guess! ok 07 it is. just not sure if ill every get a new higher grade bike so do u think it worth investing $ into stinky? and thanks Big Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
Yo man If your new to mountainbiking in general I would trongly suggest getting a good hardtail first. It will hone your riding skills better and faster than on a full sus straight away. Just saying lol.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
adam-cuthbertson wrote:
Yo man If your new to mountainbiking in general I would trongly suggest getting a good hardtail first. It will hone your riding skills better and faster than on a full sus straight away. Just saying lol.
holy crap i dissapoint myself. do this instead^^^^^. haha it will be wayy better for you in the long run. too many plus' to list. better lines, teach u how to land, save money. look into a hardtail.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
thanks ive thought about it too and hard tail is cheaper BUT like i said i dont have lot of money to spend, so would u say its a bad idea if i get fully and it takes me longer to learn? money is the issue! and personaly i love how fully looks !!

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
andrewko wrote:
thanks ive thought about it too and hard tail is cheaper BUT like i said i dont have lot of money to spend, so would u say its a bad idea if i get fully and it takes me longer to learn? money is the issue! and personaly i love how fully looks !!

it is better to learn on a hardtail. if you have a full sus you just plow through those rocks instead of actually learning how to pick good lines. learning on a hardtail will make you a better and faster rider if you want to go to full sus after.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008995
Mobile Version of Website