what is your dream car?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
what is your dream car?
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
The only thing that should be 4WD are Range Rovers etc. (4x4s) and Estate cars (BMW Touring for example)

Simple as.

(Only talking about cars btw Razz )

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
Go to any county that offers more than damp and cold in the winter

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Go to any county that offers more than damp and cold in the winter

That would be Scotland then.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
Rrrrrrright...Rolleyes

A place with an actual winter.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Rrrrrrright...Rolleyes

Are you trying to say Scotland is reasonably decent in the Winter, I doubt you wish to know what the temperature was last night Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
Oh I'm sorry your right Canada, Russia, Scandinavia are all balmy in the winter compared to Scotland. I apologize. Your average temps in the winter are +6 without windchill. That's a joke.

Mod
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
This is what our homes in Canada look like!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.canadacool.com/COOLFACTS/QUEBEC/QUEBECPHOTOS/IceHotelPhoto.jpg

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
Rrrrrrright...Rolleyes

Are you trying to say Scotland is reasonably decent in the Winter, I doubt you wish to know what the temperature was last night Rolleyes

so?? last winter here it was -2, the puddles got freezed and all, but in canada its like -15

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
AmirB wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
Rrrrrrright...Rolleyes

so?? last winter here it was -2, the puddles got freezed and all, but in canada its like -15

It was -10 here last night Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
Dodge Viper GTS-R.

OR

TVR Cebera Speed 12.
Theres only 1 left in the world. and so as a Dream Car, I'd have it. you'd be the oly person on the road in one. 800+BHP going right throught the back wheels at a set of lights going green. Im sure that would have spectators shitting their pants at the thought. I dont care about the Handling or whatever. It would be amazing to drive one. And to make you all (hopefully) heart fallen, I've sat in one of the Race cars of the Speed 12. So upyours. Big Grin No offense or Gloating intended.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
It was -10 here last night Rolleyes

For most of Canada, -10 in the winter time is considered mild. It sounds like a bad number but when places in this country hit -30s, it pales in comparison.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
CrankShaftYQX wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

Nice idea, but have you ever driven a car with a cage? It's a pain in the ass.
Yes, I actually really don't mind it at all. I kind of like it actually. Everyone who rides with me would probably hate it, but I don't care. They should be happy they're not walking. That's also why I want a less invasive, not full blown cage. You know, just enough to hold the roof up if it flips and a small amount of door bracing. Not the full out X-Brace's, 6+ point cage.

Go for a hard-core support cage and removable door bars all the way around, if you're set on it. Then it will be race legal, at least.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
CrankShaftYQX wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
CrankShaftYQX wrote:

Nice idea, but have you ever driven a car with a cage? It's a pain in the ass.
Yes, I actually really don't mind it at all. I kind of like it actually. Everyone who rides with me would probably hate it, but I don't care. They should be happy they're not walking. That's also why I want a less invasive, not full blown cage. You know, just enough to hold the roof up if it flips and a small amount of door bracing. Not the full out X-Brace's, 6+ point cage.

Go for a hard-core support cage and removable door bars all the way around, if you're set on it. Then it will be race legal, at least.
This sin't a race car. It's a daily driver/ daily fun rallying car that may be brought to a few track days and street races. I don't want a full cage for that. Keep in mind that the interior is still just as useable as stock. That's what I'm going for.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
Got pics of these cages?

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
CrankShaftYQX wrote:
Got pics of these cages?
No, I was saying I'd get the guys at Vermont Sports Car to custom fab one in the car for me after they strip and seam weld the chassis. Check out their website for pics of some of their work. vtcar.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012243
Mobile Version of Website