p2 or chase

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
[Quote]sounds lik a n00b to me.....

the frame has noyhing to do with the parts on it. why the hell wouldnt you run gears on a hardtail.

get out of here kid. this forum is for big boys only[/Quote]

this is what ruins the forum.

I'd go for the chase, I've ridden one and it felt pretty sweet, but quite heavy as it had heavy parts. I personally don't think you'd be going wrong with either bike though.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
StevePrice wrote:
parkrider06 wrote:
StevePrice wrote:

sounds lik a n00b to me.....

the frame has noyhing to do with the parts on it. why the hell wouldnt you run gears on a hardtail.

1st thing is have you actually ridden either of the bikes? Cos if not then get yourself on one and see which feels to YOU to be the nicer bike. Then if you can't decide ask.

I haven't ridden a chase but I have ridden a p.2 and liked it very much.

On a note about gears, if you're going to dirt jump I would recommend single speed only because it saves the risk of wrecking derailler etc if you hit hard and also eliminates the chance of 'ghost change' which is the last thing you want pedalling into some jumps.

yep for DJ single speed, ghost changes can result in sore shins....Whip
u asked for peoples opinions, so i gave mine, i think gears on a hardtail brake way to easily

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
Get a chase, they are super nice. you can't argue with a lifetime guarantee on the frame.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
defo p2 cause it looks nicer and it is lighter!!

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
There's nothing wrong with gears on a jump bike (ahem.. Paul Bas' rides gears, who here stands to argue with him?) as long as they are well tuned and maintained they will not skip and are fine for roll backs e.t.c. - As for the Chase feeling front heavy, yes, but once you get used to the initially 'rather strange' way the Chase handles- you will realize that it manuals and jumps like a dream - 'nuff said!

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
chase, ive never riden one but i taco'd my friends p2 wheel with a 180, and he said he had to have them trued twice before, and the chase looks nicer

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 5:59 Quote
so does anyone know where i can buy a chase for under £800($1600)

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 6:23 Quote
dirtfreeridedh2008 wrote:
so does anyone know where i can buy a chase for under £800($1600)
anywhere... lol ... I don't know about UK, but in the USA most chases are under $1600.
The chase 1 2008 is about $1200 and the chase 2 which is single speed is about $850.
Personally i prefere the components that come on the specialized then the chase. But i have the tendency to sell the stock parts while they are new and just buy better parts...
if you wanna wait for the 2009 models, they tend to increase by about 10%.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
yeah definately wait for the 2009 p. bikes cause they are stacked with components and are hella clean looking. i do not like the components on the chase. but if u get the chase, get the ss. and i hate the oversized headtube on the chase, its hella big and fat.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
dmrlover wrote:
StevePrice wrote:
parkrider06 wrote:

1st thing is have you actually ridden either of the bikes? Cos if not then get yourself on one and see which feels to YOU to be the nicer bike. Then if you can't decide ask.

On a note about gears, if you're going to dirt jump I would recommend single speed only because it saves the risk of wrecking derailler etc if you hit hard and also eliminates the chance of 'ghost change' which is the last thing you want pedalling into some jumps.

u asked for peoples opinions, so i gave mine, i think gears on a hardtail brake way to easily

my gears have been fine,

btw heads break just as easily, wear a helmet

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 0:47 Quote
dmrlover wrote:
StevePrice wrote:
parkrider06 wrote:

mine havent...

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 1:14 Quote
why is it the chase or P2? I suggest the devinci district. I test rode the chase and district side by side and the district is by far better, I didn't even have second thoughts I bought it on the spot. Same price too.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://devinci.com/web/image/Velo_2008/images/bikes/zoom/STH-DIST2-(v2)-copy.jpg

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
P2 no doubt about it

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
I ride p2 and like it Smile
Super light and strong frame..
In street and DJ it is so good.

For park maybe p2 need lil bit higher BB , but that is my opnion Smile

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021809
Mobile Version of Website