Your 2Cents on a couple of bikes?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Your 2Cents on a couple of bikes?
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
feds wrote:
bonkfisher5 wrote:
Anyome here ever taken their riegn x to a pike park and done some like serious downhill. If so, how was it.

I have not personally, but my cousin's girlfriend out in whistler had nothing negative to say about it. She races/trains with Mad March Racing (Shaums' team), as does my cousin, and loves her Reign X.

anyone else?

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
JESUS H CHRIST.

I apologize to the OP on behalf of the sane side of Pinkbike. This is absolutely ridiculous. I haven't seen this much blatant stupidity since ajax was around. Pete is absolutely right. For the love of god, would you all please stop talking out your collective ass. Oh and Twig, it's not your spelling, it's your blatant inability to string together a legible sentence. I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to say in a couple of your posts.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
JESUS H CHRIST.

I apologize to the OP on behalf of the sane side of Pinkbike. This is absolutely ridiculous. I haven't seen this much blatant stupidity since ajax was around. Pete is absolutely right.For the love of god, would you all please stop talking out your collective ass.

I would like to second the motion, Pete is right, as is this man. Learn to spell, contribute to the thread, no need for bickering. When you are wrong, don't insist on telling him you are still right.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
DW link = DO WORK

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
bonkfisher5 wrote:
Anyome here ever taken their riegn x to a pike park and done some like serious downhill. If so, how was it.
I have 10ish days at Whistler so far this year, the reign is AMAZING!
travel feels endless, more like my friends 9" Ollie than 6.7" travel.
Search the user mitcht, he's a very good downhiller, uses his Reign for everything, you can ask him some questions about it.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
twigme wrote:
i know alot of people will disagree with me but i HATE mistro. my friend has a reighn x and a glory dh and the suspension felt very inactive. i dont know if that is just how he had it ajusted or what but it felt shity.

It's because Maestro is tuned exactly to the rider, unless you get sag and everything dialed in, it won't work as well as it should. Once you get everything tuned in though, it's amazing. My guess is your buddy was a bit heavier than you, which would make the Reigns' ride very inactive for you.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
truffles wrote:
twigme wrote:
i know alot of people will disagree with me but i HATE mistro. my friend has a reighn x and a glory dh and the suspension felt very inactive. i dont know if that is just how he had it ajusted or what but it felt shity.

It's because Maestro is tuned exactly to the rider, unless you get sag and everything dialed in, it won't work as well as it should. Once you get everything tuned in though, it's amazing. My guess is your buddy was a bit heavier than you, which would make the Reigns' ride very inactive for you.
he is only 10lbs heavyer would that make a difference

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
Well sticking to the question, my vote is for the SX Trail, Why? Specialized has a good "lifetime" frame warranty, and dyno test's say it takes 2 tonnes of pressure to break the f!*ker. Also it ticks all boxes in your criteria :
170mm travel, can be built hardcore at around 36 pounds, good BB height for FR & DH, good standover height and looks awesome!

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
twigme wrote:
truffles wrote:
twigme wrote:

he is only 10lbs heavyer would that make a difference
Yup. With the Maestro system you have to be pretty bang on for ideal performance.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:52 Quote
willshiels wrote:
Well sticking to the question, my vote is for the SX Trail, Why? Specialized has a good "lifetime" frame warranty, and dyno test's say it takes 2 tonnes of pressure to break the f!*ker. Also it ticks all boxes in your criteria :
170mm travel, can be built hardcore at around 36 pounds, good BB height for FR & DH, good standover height and looks awesome!
The Reign has all these things but more importantly, I've never seen a broken one, but SXT's break fairly regularly. aerosteeze (user on pb) is only 13 and he snapped his top and down tube right near the head tube, and he can't weight more than 120 pounds.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
truffles wrote:
willshiels wrote:
The Reign has all these things but more importantly, I've never seen a broken one, but SXT's break fairly regularly. aerosteeze (user on pb) is only 13 and he snapped his top and down tube right near the head tube, and he can't weight more than 120 pounds.

I'm not dissagreeing with you at all, the Giant is a good bike but the guy wasn't even concidering one so I was answering to the initial thread question.
Remember everone will somehow snap, or break a frame that we all thought indestructable, it happens.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
I'm not disagreeing either, I'm just saying he should look at bikes outside of his initial choices.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
truffles wrote:
I'm not disagreeing either, I'm just saying he should look at bikes outside of his initial choices.
Yeah man. What about a second hand session 7? Here's what I did with one...
photo

38 pounds, good BB height, good standover and bomb proof!

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
willshiels wrote:
truffles wrote:
photo

Wow, nice looking build man. Looks solid. Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
[Quote="kicksnlicks"]
willshiels wrote:
truffles wrote:
photo

Wow, nice looking build man. Looks solid. Smile [/Quote

ya that thing looks so cool, a transioion dirtbag would be good also

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014297
Mobile Version of Website