Crank help.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
The cranks that came stock on my Kona Scrap finally bent, 180ed off a curb (yes, a curb...) slipped a pedal, and when i put my foot back on noticed the cranks were bent. Just the right arm. I took the arms off and compared them, the right arm is bent about 7-10 degrees to what is normal.

So, I do not see any point in just buying another right arm, as they couldn't have been that strong if I bent them off such a small hop.

Two questions now.

1) Can I keep my current BB if I get a new set of cranks? I have an FSA BB, and know how to take my cranks/chainrings/chainguide/whatever else off my bike. Could I just get any random pair of cranks (Saints, Holzfellers, Deitys etc, and throw them on without getting a new BB?

2) What pair of cranks should I get? This was my first real pair of DJ cranks. I'm not a super smooth rider, I'm a big guy (6'4" and 190, soon to be bigger I'm sure.) They have to be under 200 dollars also, and if I need a new BB, the combo has to be under 200.

I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
Bump. Help me out! I want to know what I'm doing when I head over to the shop tomorrow, I want to get riding again!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008088
Mobile Version of Website