Vancouver

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 13:33 Quote
rumlan wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:
Whistler

Lived there for 5 months last summer and it was amazing but i'm hoping to find some legit DH in the GVA so I can bang out a couple runs without having to make the trip up to Whistler every time I need to scratch the DH itch.

The only one I know of in Vancouver is bobsled. Watershed park in surrey has downhill style trails but they are short and not very steep.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
rumlan wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:
Whistler

Lived there for 5 months last summer and it was amazing but i'm hoping to find some legit DH in the GVA so I can bang out a couple runs without having to make the trip up to Whistler every time I need to scratch the DH itch.

The only one I know of in Vancouver is bobsled. Watershed park in surrey has downhill style trails but they are short and not very steep.
Bobsled is about the furthest thing from a DH trail that you'll find without going uphill...

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 17:42 Quote
Vedder in Chilliwack has Refr and Mongoloyd. Sumas Mountain has Aardum and Mastodon. Cypress has lots if you explore.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 23:21 Quote
bigquotesSumas Mountain has Aardum and Mastodon.

Where... I've moved to Abby and I am bored out of my mind on Knob/Squidline....

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 23:22 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
rumlan wrote:

Bobsled is about the furthest thing from a DH trail that you'll find without going uphill...

yup... could ride that on a BMX....

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 6:23 Quote
TieMyShoe wrote:

Aardum is in Mission. No idea what this guy is talking about...

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 7:36 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
TieMyShoe wrote:

Aardum is in Mission. No idea what this guy is talking about...

Sorry, those are at Red Mountain.

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 16:04 Quote
heey guys, I just arrived in Vancouver today. My bike didn't make the flight, so still waiting on it. I would like to hear a few suggestions for good trails in the area. I'm staying in new Westminster. I would also like to know the options of public transport to the trails. Thanks in advance

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 16:49 Quote
downie wrote:
heey guys, I just arrived in Vancouver today. My bike didn't make the flight, so still waiting on it. I would like to hear a few suggestions for good trails in the area. I'm staying in new Westminster. I would also like to know the options of public transport to the trails. Thanks in advance

You should try to find someone who can hit up SFU with you, I'm busy the next two weeks, however someone can definitely bring you to SFU or Mt.Fromme in north vancouver.

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 16:59 Quote
Okay, thanks man. I will look for somebody

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 18:30 Quote
Hershay wrote:
downie wrote:

You should try to find someone who can hit up SFU with you, I'm busy the next two weeks, however someone can definitely bring you to SFU or Mt.Fromme in north vancouver.

Check out the Burnaby Mountain trail map the two trails closest to downhill are Nicholes and Gear Jammer. You can catch the bus right from the skytrain and then there's a closer bus stop to the bottom of the hill which you'll find along the freeway.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 18:55 Quote
downie wrote:

Are you planning on riding whistler? I will be there on saturday. There is a shuttle for I think $35 round trip from Vancouver to Whistler. Hopefully your bike shows up soon!

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 10:48 Quote
thanks guys, I also try to go to whistler on Saturday. It depends on if my bike will show up or not

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
downie wrote:
thanks guys, I also try to go to whistler on Saturday. It depends on if my bike will show up or not

It'll be worth going to Whistler saturday even without your bike, just to watch Joyride.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:52 Quote
Absolutely. Seen it 4 years now....only this year decided to start riding.
Best show ever
And the cheese rolling lol

lennyandcarl wrote:
downie wrote:

It'll be worth going to Whistler saturday even without your bike, just to watch Joyride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012765
Mobile Version of Website