Giant Stp Riders Only!

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Stp Riders Only!
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
I'm 5'8"... not sure what my standover is. 5'8" is not very tall, but I'm comfortable on a L size STP. Any way you could test ride the bike before buying it?

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
Our local dealer is closing up shop for his Dj line and he has a STP in that size... I may have to make my way down and try to swing a leg over it. Giant's website says 30+" SO height for both sizes but I know the toptube tapers quickly... not sure "shrinks down 4+ inches" quickly but I can hope.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
You won't find a much lower stand over 26" frame without looking for something trialsy with an ugly curved top tube.
I have 4 STPs (3 regular. 1 large) My daughter rode one of the regulars from around 10yrs old (5'4" tall at a guess).
Standover - centre of the top tube to floor is around 28"
Go for a regular not a large though. unless you want it as an XC bike. I'm 5'11" and ride the regulars for fun and the large for XC.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 6:14 Quote
Thank you G-A-R-Y.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 21:45 Quote
oggfueler wrote:
Any short riders on STP's?

me, 175cm, L stp for anything. mostly DJ and any off road.
and yes, it's much harder to do tricks (compared to street bike). but very stable for jumps, and any off road.
it pump so hard every pump is a speed boost like those games you pick up a speed boost.

my pal, 170cm, S stp for anything, mostly trials , dj , xc

basically, if you looking for a bike thats easier to learn tricks, smaller, as far as I know, "Dartmoor 26/24 player" for DJ, and any other good street frame/bike.

the L STP is much bigger than S/M, S/M STP is very good for all around. L is bit big for me to learn tricks.

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 15:19 Quote
photo

Some changes since this picture was taken.

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 15:41 Quote
keys260 wrote:
photo

Some changes since this picture was taken.
What have you changed?

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 at 22:59 Quote
Hey guys, wondering if it is possible to get a giant STP frame. I can't find any from online retailers.

Posted: Mar 15, 2016 at 16:17 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
Hey guys, wondering if it is possible to get a giant STP frame. I can't find any from online retailers.
Check the pinkbike BuySell

Posted: Mar 20, 2016 at 5:03 Quote
a not so flat table

update: never mind.

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
been rocking the 2015 stp for about a year now, just ordered a profile ti hub and i want all new bearings to even out the ride quality, i want to use mostly bmx parts (i am most familiar with them) and i was wondering what kind of BB i can use. the website says 22mm converted, so im guessing its a euro but i just want to make sure. im still running the stock 3 piece cranks and i dont know the size of the spindle,

Posted: Mar 28, 2016 at 11:52 Quote
My 2008 stp out by the river in Castlewood state park. St. Louis

Sorry it's not drivetrain side.

2008 Lenosky Edition. Sram 9 speed with Race Face narrow wide chain ring.

Avid Speed dial 7 rear brake, and some day front brake if I can get all the parts together for the oversized saint hubs.

Posted: Mar 28, 2016 at 22:16 Quote
Stp take 73mm threaded Bottom Bracket, correct?

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 10:44 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
Stp take 73mm threaded Bottom Bracket, correct?

Correct

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.078555
Mobile Version of Website