Riverhead Quarry

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Riverhead Quarry
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
Our local DJ spot got trashed by some kids who can't ride so we went up today and had a rebuild of alot of the stuff, its far from finished but here are the before and after pictures from todays session.

We basically just went through and rebuilt all of the lips as well as adding in a mini stallwall and making the pump track line a dj line again

Before (Lips ruined ect):

photo

After

View of the dj lines
photo

Another view of the Dj's
photo

First jump (Mini Stepdown)
photo

Landing of First
photo

Second Double
photo

Another View
photo

Step Up / Stallwall
photo

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
did the new riverhead get smashed up? or just the old one?

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
thats unlucky man.
where is that quarry?
looks awsome

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
nice rock free dirt. and sick jumps.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
It was the new one that been screwed over.
I was up there thursday and it was fine...it was my frst time there on my new bike and all the jumps were soo smooth! but then i went up there friday and the lips and landings of the main jump line had been fu*ked. i managed to do the first in the main jump line, but that was quite sketchy coz most of the lip had gone. the 2nd jump in the line is totally unridable for now Frown which sucks.
The step up, and the smaller jump on he left wernt touched and are still ridable tho. it was mianly just the 2nd of the main line that the pikeys or whoever ruined.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
i went down the quarry 2nite and i am so gutted the main line is totaly destroyed the step up is ok but the lip is worn as they have riped all of the carpet out of the jump and dumped it to the side. looks like chavs win again time to look for new riding grounds

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
for f*cks sake! Mad why do people always do this to us just as we get it decent again?! i vote some of us camp up there and see if any pikes decide to come by! lol
anyone else up for it lol?!

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
Time to move on again?

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
livingtoride wrote:
ADAMS FIELD!!!!!!!

clearly not ads! your field has one jump, and we'd only be able to ride it if you were in!

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
im looking for new riding grounds at the moment a mixture of fast DH mixes with technical Freeride ie.
long burms, wallrides, Dh kickers, switchbacks, all the good stuff in one run will keep everyone who rides informed. stricktly no pikies

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
cool found any gd places yet? use google earth to look down, me and alex are looking for new places to dirt jump as well we're gunna try and get proper permission and get a digger in if we can

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
also we have to build that jump

photo

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
steve42000 wrote:
im looking for new riding grounds at the moment a mixture of fast DH mixes with technical Freeride ie.
long burms, wallrides, Dh kickers, switchbacks, all the good stuff in one run will keep everyone who rides informed. stricktly no pikies

Yeah....your wasting your time digging round there anymore.
The old set got kicked down almost monthly and the new set...well, Ive re-dug the set one twice all-ready!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018475
Mobile Version of Website