Black Market help please

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Black Market help please
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
-okay well i plan on selling my rm flow at te end of this season and buying a blk mrkt riot or mob (cant decide) and i plan on spending $$$600-700$$$ on components
-I plan on getting a black frame and getting blue components...

-Can someone make a spec list of the compenents that i should buy with the price beside them.
-P.S. i plan on buying most of this stuff from 2009 (after christmass) and i plan on going single speed with no front brake

thanks for reading

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
a whole spec list is kinda time consuming. The best thing to do if you are on a budget is shop around online and get some good deals on overstock last years products. If money is an issue go withthe riot, I really like mine alot. Is the $600 going to include forks? If so maybe go with the atomlab GI60. As for wheels, azonic outlaw or transition revolution wheelset with a single speed conversion from atomlab. If you shop around you can find primo platform pedals for $25. I'm a big fan of profile cranks, but they can be pricey so look for used ones. Hope this helped.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
Diablito wrote:
a whole spec list is kinda time consuming. The best thing to do if you are on a budget is shop around online and get some good deals on overstock last years products. If money is an issue go withthe riot, I really like mine alot. Is the $600 going to include forks? If so maybe go with the atomlab GI60. As for wheels, azonic outlaw or transition revolution wheelset with a single speed conversion from atomlab. If you shop around you can find primo platform pedals for $25. I'm a big fan of profile cranks, but they can be pricey so look for used ones. Hope this helped.
i heard that the atomlab forks are not very good.Frown

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
I have the marzochi DJ3 fork and it isn't that great, but it's not really all that bad either. I mentioned the GI60 because they are cheap and I've heard some good stuff about them online , but no personal experience on my part.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
jesus man, your building a custom bike and you cant even come up with your own parts spec? the whole point of making a custom bike is building it the way YOU want it, not the way people on pinkbike will tell you to!! seriously... look around and spec it the way you want it..

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
you can't get decent conponments for 600-700$, unless thats not including the fork. just get a .357, same frame as riot, with dj3's and some good conpoments.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
you can't get decent conponments for 600-700$, unless thats not including the fork. just get a .357, same frame as riot, with dj3's and some good conpoments.

good post... i havnt thought of the 357.. but it sounds like thats the bike for you. a decent wheelset costs minimum 5005, a decent work another minimum 500$... theres no way you could built a decent bike paying retail prices for 600-700$ in parts.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
konaman24 wrote:
dirt-jumper17 wrote:

good post... i havnt thought of the 357.. but it sounds like thats the bike for you. a decent wheelset costs minimum 5005, a decent work another minimum 500$... theres no way you could built a decent bike paying retail prices for 600-700$ in parts.
ya, even if he somehow was able to find all the conponments for 600$, they'd be sh*t, and cost more then the .357

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
would it be better to jus sell my rm flow dj frame and buy the riot frame??? or should i buy the three57??? i am very interested in the three57 but i have hered lots not so good stuff about it... like the frame is different then the riot and the mob... and i hered that black market didnt do a good job making this bike...

i hope people prove me wrong because i really like the blue and white bike.

P.S. is the 22TT the same size frame as the large 2007 rm flow dj? im only 15 and aqlready 6 foot 1 so jus wondering if i will fit?

thanks

spencer

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
If you have the Flow DJ complete with the 80mm DJ 2 fork and Mavic wheelset, etc. then I'd recommend selling the frame only and buying the Black Market frame. The bike is fairly nice to start with so you could go from there.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
warrior1 wrote:
If you have the Flow DJ complete with the 80mm DJ 2 fork and Mavic wheelset, etc. then I'd recommend selling the frame only and buying the Black Market frame. The bike is fairly nice to start with so you could go from there.

so my flow dj has good components??? i bought the bike for $800 lol so the fork and the weel set is good... then wut components r bad?

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
specialized-dirt-jumps wrote:
warrior1 wrote:

so my flow dj has good components??? i bought the bike for $800 lol so the fork and the weel set is good... then wut components r bad?
Well, is it the stock specs from 07? You must have bought it used. If you have a picture just to make sure then I could what's on it.

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
specialized-dirt-jumps wrote:
would it be better to jus sell my rm flow dj frame and buy the riot frame??? or should i buy the three57??? i am very interested in the three57 but i have hered lots not so good stuff about it... like the frame is different then the riot and the mob... and i hered that black market didnt do a good job making this bike...

i hope people prove me wrong because i really like the blue and white bike.

P.S. is the 22TT the same size frame as the large 2007 rm flow dj? im only 15 and aqlready 6 foot 1 so jus wondering if i will fit?

thanks

spencer
the frame has a slightly different headtube but other than that its the same. and your flow isn't all that bad, but peronally i'd rather just buy a .357 cuz its all new and you woudn't have to change anything

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
if you got the 07 flow dj just buy a new frame.
there nice componets on there and most of them will fit.
youll need a new head set though.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
rockymountianflow wrote:
if you got the 07 flow dj just buy a new frame.
there nice componets on there and most of them will fit.
youll need a new head set though.

how much would a head set cost and does anyone know how much it would cost to get the bike shop to swop all the components and how much could i sell a 2007 rm flow dj frame thats only going to be used for 2 months at C.O.P?

thanks
spencer

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016100
Mobile Version of Website