Colorado FR/DH Tour - Where to Ride

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Colorado FR/DH Tour - Where to Ride
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
What's up fellas? Two of us are coming out from SF on a road trip to Colorado. We have DH and Trail bikes and want to hit up all the dope spots along the way. Definitely want to hit Winter Park, Sol Vista, Keystone, and Durango. Prolly hit Bootleg Canyon and Moab along the way.

We're looking for recommendations of can't miss epic trails along the way. We are both very experienced riders and can handle all typed of terrain.

Please recommend some rides along this route.

Thanks,

Mitch

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 23:12 Quote
sounds like you have a good plan already. i take off for Winterpark tomorrow.

FINALLY! hahah

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 23:23 Quote
There are a ton of trails thru the I-70 corridor. Even more along the front range, but thats out of the resorts and such's area. Monarch is a good one, it still might be covered in snow though. Theres also Pikes peak which is shuttlable, and a lot of DH.FR "secret" stuff in Colorado springs.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
Thanks for the tips. I'll PM you to get nore intel.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
and definitely hit up grand junction.

take your dh bikes and shuttle free lunch. it's awesome.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
i would go the ribbion to free lunch..Crested butte is awsome to

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
yeah ribbon to free lunch is legit without a doubt.
and if you're going to moab, be sure to hit bartlett wash. it's straight up epic.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
So it looks like we'll have 7 days.

Day 1 - Bootleg Canyon?
Day 2 - Moab?
Day 3 - Grand Junction
Day 4 - Winter Park
Day 5 - Sol Vista
Day 6 - Fruita?

Now it's starting to look like we dont need trail bikes. I definitely want to hit up the parks and free lunch in GJ. What do you guys think of the other spots?

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
SFDL415 wrote:
So it looks like we'll have 7 days.

Day 1 - Bootleg Canyon?
Day 2 - Moab?
Day 3 - Grand Junction
Day 4 - Winter Park
Day 5 - Sol Vista
Day 6 - Fruita?

Now it's starting to look like we dont need trail bikes. I definitely want to hit up the parks and free lunch in GJ. What do you guys think of the other spots?

Both Moab and Fruita are DEFINITELY trail bike areas. I would hate having a DH bike in Fruita, hell even my 6.5 travel bike was too much for that.

Winter Park too, doesnt need a DH bike, 8 inches is too much for all but 1 trail.

Sounds like a fun trip though!

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
moab can go both ways. i've had a lot of fun on my rmx there before. it all depends what you're doing and where you are.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015402
Mobile Version of Website