Pinkbike Software/Feature Improvements

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Pinkbike Software/Feature Improvements
Mod
Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 9:48 Quote
Please report these people

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 11:12 Quote
So, why can't I login on another device?

Can anyone explain to me why I am unable to log in on other devices? PB, its been months since this "attack" the site experienced, how have you not implemented a 2 factor authentication feature if we want to login using a different device?

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2023 at 11:31 Quote
RBalicious wrote:

Can anyone explain to me why I am unable to log in on other devices? PB, its been months since this "attack" the site experienced, how have you not implemented a 2 factor authentication feature if we want to login using a different device?

Try logging in with your email instead of your username.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 7:35 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:
RBalicious wrote:

Try logging in with your email instead of your username.

@progressioncycles - I’ve tried both ways many times. Doesn’t change the fact PB/Trailforks/Outside needs to fix this issue. I know it’s on going as there are many forum threads on going about it.

Posted: Aug 18, 2023 at 9:50 Quote
Anybody else's Pinkbike being slow at loading?

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 15:23 Quote
Not sure this forum is still being monitored...?

Concern: On Android, using Firefox browser, if I've gone more than one page down in the News section, and been reading an article, when going back to the scroll, I am always returned to the first page, rather than the page I was on that had the article I was reading, which is what I would like it to do instead.

Is that a change that can be made?

Thanks, have a nice day.

Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 10:40 Quote
A couple of suggestions...

1). This particular thread (Pinkbike Software/Feature Improvements) is too huge. Can separate sub-threads topics be made?
2). I'm not sure I'm up-to-speed on previous discussions regarding the BuySell feature but it currently suffers from lots of really stale ads. In some cases, you can message the buyer and just never get a response. Other times you ask about an ad that was posted 18 months ago and "yes, it's still for sale" but "no, I'm not lowering the price." Could developers consider automatically expiring ads that are more than a year old if the seller doesn't lower the price or provide an update? If the entire world of Pinkbike shoppers has decided not to buy the bike for a year, that's a good indication the market doesn't support the price you're asking. Of course, if an ad like this was automatically deleted, the user could re-create/re-post the bike again, but that action would prove their 'attendance' to the ad and their motivation to respond to potential buyers. Alternatively, could old/stale ads be displayed with less prominence....with more as greyed-out font/background?

Mod
Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 11:18 Quote
namdoogttam wrote:

1). This particular thread (Pinkbike Software/Feature Improvements) is too huge. Can separate sub-threads topics be made?
2). I'm not sure I'm up-to-speed on previous discussions regarding the BuySell feature but it currently suffers from lots of really stale ads. In some cases, you can message the buyer and just never get a response. Other times you ask about an ad that was posted 18 months ago and "yes, it's still for sale" but "no, I'm not lowering the price." Could developers consider automatically expiring ads that are more than a year old if the seller doesn't lower the price or provide an update? If the entire world of Pinkbike shoppers has decided not to buy the bike for a year, that's a good indication the market doesn't support the price you're asking. Of course, if an ad like this was automatically deleted, the user could re-create/re-post the bike again, but that action would prove their 'attendance' to the ad and their motivation to respond to potential buyers. Alternatively, could old/stale ads be displayed with less prominence....with more as greyed-out font/background?
one should be able to have a listing up for as long as they want in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 8:45 Quote
mior wrote:
namdoogttam wrote:

one should be able to have a listing up for as long as they want in my opinion.

1) namdoogttam check out this thread “Discuss new BuySell Search Features” that’s specifically for BuySell improvements.

To the best of my knowledge there’s nobody actively working on improving the BuySell. The last two BuySell product managers who were employed by PB/ Outside were unable to make an impact over long periods of time….. It’s a shame.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=157603&pagenum=70

2) what you’re saying makes sense for older adds. If let’s say a bike doesn’t sell after 90 days then odds are the price is too high. Not all sellers see it that way unfortunately

BuySell mod Moir. Has Jake been replaced yet?

Mod
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 9:50 Quote
progressioncycles wrote:

BuySell mod Moir. Has Jake been replaced yet?
hey! you spelled my name wrong

Mod
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 9:51 Quote
to be fair, I have some ads up that are of things that are a reasonable ish price but take a while to find the perfect person.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2024 at 12:18 Quote
When making a buysell listing, can we get a way to reorder the photos?

As it is now if I want the photos in a specific order, I have to select 1 photo to add at a time, which is tedious work especially if they are not on the first page that shows up in the photo selection window. And if I want to go back in a listing to add extra photos but don't want them at the end, I have to first delete every old photo I want the new ones to show ahead of, and then add them back afterwards (and I would still have to use the '1 photo at a time' method of adding photos to get the order I want)

It just seems like a lot of steps for what could be made into something like a simple 'click and drag' function

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044286
Mobile Version of Website