Nitro RC Trucks & Cars

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Nitro RC Trucks & Cars
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
and if this is your first nitro r/c car... I would strongly suggest buying an RTR.. buliding a kit can be complicated and may result in a weak or unstable build.. RTR is fun, and easy.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
hairyandscary wrote:
Sorry to say it, but it was the biggest waste of money i've spent yet in my eighteen years of life. There's no resale value on them, so don't plan on reselling it either. But anyways, have fun with it! And work for some extra cash!!

so true... so true

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
[Quote="specializ20"]
hairyandscary wrote:
Sorry to say it, but it was the biggest waste of money i've spent yet in my eighteen years of life. There's no resale value on them, so don't plan on reselling it either. But anyways, have fun with it! And work for some extra cash!!

agreed

Posted: Apr 13, 2012 at 20:19 Quote
Is this the only thread on RC cars on this site? I feel we need an RC thread, theres a lot of people into them.

I have a Slash Ultimate and I beat the crap out of it, most durable truck I have ever seen bar none. Ill post some videos one of these days.

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 18:11 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Is this the only thread on RC cars on this site? I feel we need an RC thread, theres a lot of people into them.

I have a Slash Ultimate and I beat the crap out of it, most durable truck I have ever seen bar none. Ill post some videos one of these days.

Have you started another RC thread? A "Show off your RC" type thing perhaps?

I am up for it and I know some others who would appreciate one.

Jaliyl

Posted: Jun 21, 2012 at 23:56 Quote
I was hoping this could just become that thread with a title change. Ill just upload some pics and video and post it here anyway.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 15:46 Quote
Heres a short clip of my r/c truck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSWO_fE72CE subscribe

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 7:40 Quote
Gotta get yourself an electric! I will never go back to nitro now that I have a brush-less truck. SOOO much faster and easier.

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 15:10 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Gotta get yourself an electric! I will never go back to nitro now that I have a brush-less truck. SOOO much faster and easier.

A brushless Baja would beat up a stock 26cc 2-stroke, no doubt. However, I like being able to run for fifty minutes on a tank of 25:1. I can run for over five hours on a single 5000mah hump. Smile

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 9:35 Quote
Well gasoline is cool, I just dont like Nitro. I would LOVE to get a 1/5 truck but its just way too much $$ for a toy.

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 17:59 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Well gasoline is cool, I just dont like Nitro. I would LOVE to get a 1/5 truck but its just way too much $$ for a toy.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Nitro front.

My 5SC I use for bashing. FLM dog-bones/diff cups/axles, PCSC slipper clutch, HS 5755MG steering servo, Outerwears prefilter, a few other little things. Bartolone Torpedo arriving tomorrow morning.
Had the bass cannon going and the windows down. 25 1 mix smoke and gravel in the air. THIS is the real way to burn a day.

To rag on Nitro a bit, glow starters, rotary starters and fuel prices are all things I don't care for.

Let's see some more RC's people.

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 19:30 Quote
I have a savage and had a t-maxx( I converted it to electric). The savage takes a beating but is a pain to work on. I would get an electric over a nitro anyday. More power, cheaper and easier to maintain. Get a brushless E-Revo for epic bashing.
Check out the short course trucks such as the traxxas slash or hpi blitz. Both cars are almost indestructable. The blitz is better because of its handling on a track. But if your just out to have fun then a slash is the way to go.

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 7:10 Quote
I bought a Slash 4x4 Ultimate a year ago with all of my friends neh saying me (they have (T maxxs, Stampedes, etc.). Well I bashed my truck harder without breaking anything for so long that now everyone owns a Slash lol. The Slash 4x4 is an insanely impressive truck for both durability and capability.

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
The Slash is a great unit and excels in so many different areas.

As far as bashing goes, even though I run a 5SC, the less weight the better. The bigger and heavier the vehicle is, the more things break.

A few more.
Big playground.

Slipped the inner beadlock in a rollover.
Slipped the inner beadlock in a violent rollover.

Stock can.
Stock Fuelie can.

Bartolone Racing Torpedo Pipe.
Batolone Racing Torpedo Pipe.

Bashing in cold weather makes plastic parts brittle.
Broken right hand side front lower A-arm.

Piled into a 5/8" sheet of plywood with one side of the truck.
Broken right hand side front lower A-arm

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021360
Mobile Version of Website