The BMX Tech and Trick Tips Thread (Share Your Useful Tips Here)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The BMX Tech and Trick Tips Thread (Share Your Useful Tips Here)
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
IronHorse19 wrote:
Having troubles with 180 flat's. I can usually spin the bike the whole 180, but as soon as i land i stop and cant rollback. i tried ghoing a bit faster but it seems harder to spin.

Are you holding your brakes? Are you putting too much pressure on the pedals? Are you falling over?

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
bird2920 wrote:
IronHorse19 wrote:
Having troubles with 180 flat's. I can usually spin the bike the whole 180, but as soon as i land i stop and cant rollback. i tried ghoing a bit faster but it seems harder to spin.

Are you holding your brakes? Are you putting too much pressure on the pedals? Are you falling over?
it seems to help me to lean back a tich
shift your wight a little the direction your rolling back and just stay centered over your bike
hope it helps

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
norco1sucks wrote:
bird2920 wrote:
IronHorse19 wrote:

shift your wight a little the direction your rolling back and just stay centered over your bike
hope it helps

Nicely said, I try to keep a little bit of pressure on my pedals.. and I lean back a little to take weight off the front tire so I can slide it around. If that doesn't work, I lift the front end and manual backwards out of it (which just looks cool anyways)

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
bird2920 wrote:
norco1sucks wrote:
bird2920 wrote:

hope it helps

Nicely said, I try to keep a little bit of pressure on my pedals.. and I lean back a little to take weight off the front tire so I can slide it around. If that doesn't work, I lift the front end and manual backwards out of it (which just looks cool anyways)
also if your having troubles with rollbacks, find a flat or slightly sloped are with a solid wall orsomething to push off. practice roll backs, theyre sooo important

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
heres a really good video for rollbacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0QKTIC7Rlo

im currently working on mine

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
When breaking, with ether disc or rim brakes. You want to use your brakes in spurts or you will burn your pads and then they will be compleatly useless. Once the rubber gets too hot it hardens and no longer sticks to the rim's. With hydro's the consistancy becomes less the warmer your fluid get's. If you hold on your brakes youll find you'll have to pump your brakes more times to get the same pressure as when they were cool. The Lower the DOT fluid like hayes 3 and 4. The higher the dot like hope's use 5.1 dot are ment for higher heat. Pimp hope this makes sence.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
justin99 wrote:
This thread is for sharing useful tips on how to do certain tricks and useful ways of maintaining/fixing your bike. Post any tips you have and ask any questions too.

I'll start off. If you are having troubles keeping your hubs clean you can wrap a small piece of shoelace around them. As you ride the shoelace wipes off all unwanted dirt and your hubs will stay looking brand new. Eventually you will need to put new shoelaces on your hubs when they get covered in dirt.
what you do is you get piple cleaner and rap it around your hub and twist it
leave anough so the pipecleaner with move freely
and then put a big ziptie were your pipecleaner starts to twist then cut off the pipe cleaner a bit under the zip tie
do this with diffrent colours and shit and it looks super sickk

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
so i got a new freecoaster and it has a pretty sensitive slack and i dont want to adjust it are there any tips for rollong out with it

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
lean back slightly on the crank so it doesnt engage..if it does take a quick back pedal then you should start coasting again....thats about it...

i'd recommend adjusting it....its not as difficult as it seems to do...i managed it first time and it was the first hub i had ever stripped!

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 1:02 Quote
im having trouble with jhop barspins. anyone have any tips?

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 1:27 Quote
patty61 wrote:
first you cant be a big old b!tch, second always wear a cup, and finally you have to be able to drop a 9 stair with a 900, or is it a 4 stair with a 360 to butt hole smash.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 1:28 Quote
kingy-bmx wrote:
lean back slightly on the crank so it doesnt engage..if it does take a quick back pedal then you should start coasting again....thats about it...

i'd recommend adjusting it....its not as difficult as it seems to do...i managed it first time and it was the first hub i had ever stripped!
hey thanks dude that helped alot(im not being sarcastic)

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 1:33 Quote
AKstreetrider wrote:
patty61 wrote:
first you cant be a big old b!tch, second always wear a cup, and finally you have to be able to drop a 9 stair with a 900, or is it a 4 stair with a 360 to butt hole smash.

well man i can do all those tricks. its probly the cup! ill try that!

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 1:37 Quote
patty61 wrote:
AKstreetrider wrote:
patty61 wrote:

and if its not that you mite have aids which isnt a laughing mater. they can really help you with lots of stuff.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 1:57 Quote
AKstreetrider wrote:
patty61 wrote:
AKstreetrider wrote:

and if its not that you mite have aids which isnt a laughing mater. they can really help you with lots of stuff.

patty 69 is spancered by fuel tv, so he should be telling us how to bar spin, not the other way around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045982
Mobile Version of Website