Reign x1

PB Forum :: Giant
Reign x1
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
I recently bought a new '08 Reign x1, I love it. It is perfect for my size and riding style.

photo

Non-Drive

photo

Drive Side

That is it^, with my new blue/silver 50/50's. I've also just put on my Titec El Norte stem. And I just got these new ODI - Intense DH grips today..

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.isondistribution.co.uk/ison/image/thumbs/hgin-dh-lo-b.jpg
And I'm ordering AtomLab PimpLite rims in white, laced to white spokes with metallic blue nipples. I haven't decided which hubs to get yet, although I'm looking at the Hope's(I want blue hubs). I need to do a readup on them.

I ride mostly Shore style trails, with some DH thrown in, and slight XC. I'm looking to get into the DH scene a little bit more. My ride is in the shop right now for the stiffer springs for my 36 Van R. I'm gone for a week, can't wait 'til I'm back to ride.

As the upgrades come, I will update for you all! Thanks

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
I bought one to, I got blue pedals but I want really dark rep spokes. Although I have white intense grips which sort of throw things off.

=_

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
im getting one next week what should i consider upgrading and ive herd people conplain about fox spring in the fork is it a problem

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 6:15 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
im getting one next week what should i consider upgrading and ive herd people conplain about fox spring in the fork is it a problem
Upgrades - depends on your riding and expectations. For some people there is no reason to change anything, so be more specific what you want.

Fork - Many Fox 36 lowers are underfilled from the factory (including mine), so after 10 hours or so of break-in, it's worth changing the bath oil and refilling with the proper amount. If by "people conplain about fox spring" you mean the spring being too stiff or soft, well I'm 150lbs and my fork is working better after swapping out the stock blue spring for a purple one. If the shop you're buying from has some spare Van36 springs, they should be happy to install the right one.

booMcaT - yeah wheels can make a big difference. I use my stock wheels for AM, and have a second heavier set with DH tires mounted, for the lift access days, so I can just swap out the wheels for AM or DH. So, if you haven't sold the original wheels, consider keeping them for trail/AM riding.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
brianl wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
Upgrades - depends on your riding and expectations. For some people there is no reason to change anything, so be more specific what you want.

Fork - Many Fox 36 lowers are underfilled from the factory (including mine), so after 10 hours or so of break-in, it's worth changing the bath oil and refilling with the proper amount. If by "people conplain about fox spring" you mean the spring being too stiff or soft, well I'm 150lbs and my fork is working better after swapping out the stock blue spring for a purple one. If the shop you're buying from has some spare Van36 springs, they should be happy to install the right one.

booMcaT - yeah wheels can make a big difference. I use my stock wheels for AM, and have a second heavier set with DH tires mounted, for the lift access days, so I can just swap out the wheels for AM or DH. So, if you haven't sold the original wheels, consider keeping them for trail/AM riding.

well im 125 so should i get new springs . also how do i get new springs and how much would they cost

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
just order them from your shop, there like 6o$ or something

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011692
Mobile Version of Website