09 Norco Shore

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
I decided im going to build up an 09 Norco Shore next year for my Downhill bike.
photo

My build list so far is
Fork- Rockshox Totem Solo air
Brakes- Avid Codes in white, 8" rotors
Derailleur- Sram X.9
Shifter- Sram X.9
Crank- Shimano Saint
Chainguide- White E.Thirteen LG1
Pedals- Straitline in X-ray or red
Rims- White Syncros DS28 with red nipples

I still don't know what I want to run for a cassette, hubs, bar, stem, seat, seatpost, bb, or chain.

What would you guys suggest? Im looking to spend no more than 300 on each hub, and everything else just suggest anything.

Thanks alot!

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
Chain - Sram PC-991
Cassette - Sram PG-990
Bar/Stem - Gravity light
Seat/Post - SDG Ibeam
Hubs - Hope pro 2

I don't know what your budget is but this stuff is pretty pricy.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
Im selling my Reign X1 from this year for what I paid for it, I already have buyers and I work at my Lbs so budget isn't too much of an issue.
And thanks for the help!

I was thinking a gold chain, I saw one awhile back that looked really nice but I can't remember which one it is. I think im going to go with a white bar too.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
I think KMC has a gold chain but I'm not sure. If you want white, go with the 08 deity bar/stem. There supposed to be lighter than before and they look HOT!

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
Alright thanks. Im going to go with a black stem, but white bars. Im probably going to make it look alot like the one in the pic, but still different..

photo

Can anyone tell me what chain this is?

any other opinions would be greatBeer

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
You should buy the bike stock, it comes with the new Hammerschmidt cranks. Then just sell the parts you don't want off of it and upgrade.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
I just did a quick search on google and found a gold chain...

http://www.londonfgss.com/thread3442.html

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
I only want a single ring up front anyway, im making up a build list then im going to email our norco rep and price it out. I may change stuff if it ends up being too much.
So far here is the build list:
Fork- Rockshox Totem Solo air
Brakes- Avid Codes in white, 8" rotors
Derailleur- Sram X.9
Shifter- Sram X.9
Crank- Shimano Saint
Chainguide- White E.Thirteen LG1
Pedals- Straitline in X-ray or red
Rims- White Syncros DS28 with red nipples
Hubs- Hope pro 2
Bar- Diety
Stem- Diabolus, or gravity lite
Seat/post- SDG I-beam
Cassette- PC-990

Anything else you would suggest? and any other hub options because im not sure if I can get hope through work.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
I'd personally go for a coil Totem, I've ridden both air and coil and the coil feels far better to me. Well worth the marginal increase in weight, not to mention it doesn't have reliability issues. Maybe a Vivid in the back to match the Totem, plus it's cheaper than a DHX.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
my two step weights 6.75 pounds... coil is more i belive not to sure.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
truffles wrote:
I'd personally go for a coil Totem, I've ridden both air and coil and the coil feels far better to me. Well worth the marginal increase in weight, not to mention it doesn't have reliability issues. Maybe a Vivid in the back to match the Totem, plus it's cheaper than a DHX.
doesn't the norco frame come with a dhx, so why change it

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
Yeah it comes with a 4 or 5, im going to keep that. I want the solo air for the adjustability more than anything, because I do alot of freeriding and Downhill. I dont want to be bottoming out my fork when I do freeriding, but I can go faster if it is really soft for downhill. Does the coil have compression adjust like the argyle 318? because my buddy has that and if the compression does that much to the totem coil I would be good with a coil..and the price of a coil is better anyway.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
Yeah it comes with a 4 or 5, im going to keep that. I want the solo air for the adjustability more than anything, because I do alot of freeriding and Downhill. I dont want to be bottoming out my fork when I do freeriding, but I can go faster if it is really soft for downhill. Does the coil have compression adjust like the argyle 318? because my buddy has that and if the compression does that much to the totem coil I would be good with a coil..and the price of a coil is better anyway.
The coil has High/Low speed compression, rebound, preload (I think), and floodgate adjustment. Atleast mine did.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
Okay, the only reason I want that is because I had a Fox 36 Van R this year. I loved it the only problem was that the only way to make it any stiffer or softer was to change the springs. It was soft enough for Dh, but way too soft for freeriding. I may go with the coil then because it feels better, and its also cheaper..

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 7:00 Quote
totem coil has

rebound
high / low speed compression
rebound
flood gate adjust

it doesn't have preload

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012103
Mobile Version of Website