RST Launch DJ Forks- Stay Away

PB Forum :: Beginners
RST Launch DJ Forks- Stay Away
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 12:48 Quote
yeah, right. Facepalm i didn't say it was bad, i just posted a photo. When did I say that the quality is bad?

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 12:59 Quote
i had some RST launch forks i found them super flexy and they didn't travel very well

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 13:30 Quote
Oh, i got some XC rims the other day. I used them for doing the jaw-drop and they buckled. They must be absolutely rubbish at everything. (I hope ive layed the sarcasm on thick enough)

If you buy a cheap fork, dont expect it to be as good as your argyle or pike or whatever you have. If you buy cheap, you get cheap. Its not a bad fork for the money.

Anything will break if you thrash it hard enough. Even going off a curb can do the last bit of damage. Metal weakens over time.

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
beamused93 wrote:
yeah, right. Facepalm i didn't say it was bad, i just posted a photo. When did I say that the quality is bad?

Posting a picture of a busted fork in a thread slating the same fork is kinda implying,for a 5 year old fork i reckon most any other fork would look the same.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
To be honest, When I got my GT, I took the fork off, threw it out, and got a Marzocchi.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 13:19 Quote

my forks that i got from a Friend...

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 16:25 Quote
My friends have lasted two years on downhill.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 1:38 Quote
downhilltoavenged7x wrote:

he doesn't ride hard enough, obviously a fairy when it comes to riding a bike...

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 2:06 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
downhilltoavenged7x wrote:

he doesn't ride hard enough, obviously a fairy when it comes to riding a bike...

Maybe he knows how to pump and huck properly ...unlike everyone here

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 2:08 Quote
or is slow as f*ck?

or perhaps rides fairy trails, as an RST launch DJ fork wouldn't last 1 run down a proper dh track...

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
or is slow as f*ck?

or perhaps rides fairy trails, as an RST launch DJ fork wouldn't last 1 run down a proper dh track...
my dads did. but it was already broken before that...

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
Oh, i got some XC rims the other day. I used them for doing the jaw-drop and they buckled. They must be absolutely rubbish at everything. .
im calling bs man. jah drops in america and your not good enough to do it. post video or gtfo.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
Said it once and gonna say it again,it's an oem fork on a lot of cheap bikes,what do you expect for the price.Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019223
Mobile Version of Website